What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Loading and Won't Work

smoshs1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for reading this for a start and any help you can give to me would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded World Series of Poker App from the store, no problems with that initial download but there was an update and I went to download it and now the apps icon is jammed on as downloading all the time and I cant use the program at all. I have looked through this help section in the forum and done everything that all the posts suggest but still can not get it to either continue the download or it will not let me delete the app and reinstall it.

I have done the following:
synced the ipad with my PC and tried to delete the app and then reinstall it. The only thing that happens is that the current app remains on the ipad screen even though I have deleted the app program via the itunes program. It then places another apps icon on the ipad screen (in the itunes screen but not on the actual ipad itself) but still leaves the old one there still supposedly downloading. When I remove the ipad from the PC the new icon is not there but the old one remains (still loading)

I have also tried to touch the apps icon on the screen to make it "shake" so I can delete it but all the rest shake and then produce the X in the top left had corner for a deletion process but the WSP apps icon does nto shake nor does it have a X in the top left hand corner to delete it.

I have also rebooted the ipad in an attempt to make the app to recomence the upgrade download but that does not work either.

So in the end I have now the WSP apps icon on the screen that is supposedly downloading but it never does download and I cant touch the icon and make the program work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OP
S

smoshs1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thanks but it still did not work. I have tried everything and it is still the same. Any other ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going into settings, Store, touch your Apple ID And choose Sign Out
Then turn off your iPad fully and restart again.
Now open app store and try and update (you'll be forced to log in again)
This solved it for me a while ago.

OP
S

smoshs1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help but I still can not get this off the screen. I have turned off the Ipad as suggested and it still comes back on with the icon in place still loading. Even when I go into the Apps store and try and delete un check it and then reload it it puts a new WSP apps icon on the PC apps screen but there is not one on the Ipad itself. The old one remains. Any other ideas?

Most reactions