What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store issue

raycraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop the automatic purchase of apps in the app store ? I used to get asked for my password, but now it just automatically buys the application.. Don't want the kids running up the bill.
Any ideas ? Thanks

Alan

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>General>Restrictions lets you control app installs and in-app purchases (and more). But you should be getting a password prompt when you try to buy apps even without setting those restrictions.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There must be some kind of time limit. If I download a few back to back I don't have to enter the password every time. After awhile though, if I haven't gotten any, I have to enter it again. I haven't timed it out to see what the actual limit is though.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad should not behave like that by default. Apple are very particular about forcing the password to be entered every time, unless the purchases are very quick succession like idave23 suggested.
There is a jailbreak tweak from Cydia to stop it asking. You didn't install that did you?

OP
R

raycraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people, thank you for your replies.
No jail breaking done at all, I wonder if it was just a few apps in quick succession, not sure.
Will check it out next time find something I like the look of.

Thank you all again,

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can try now with anything free you know? Free stuff still requires the password.

OP
R

raycraft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agh ok.. Yes just tried, and it must have been that I had installed a few in quick succession,
Thank you all for you help.
I will get my head around this thing eventually !!!
Thanks again.
Alan

Most reactions

Latest posts