What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes App Didn't Download App

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife & I use the same iTunes account. She purchased and downloaded an app on her iPad. I hooked up my iPad on my computer to iTunes. The app she bought did not download and install on my iPad. I went to my account via iTunes and it listed the app as purchased in the app history list. I could not find a way to download the app to my computer or iPad. I finally went to the store and clicked on "Buy." The store then recognized that it had been previously purchased and told me I could download it to my Library for free.

Since the store could see the app in my account, why did it not ask me if I wanted to download it to my Library? Can anything be configured so that it automatically recognizes that I have a purchased app that needs to be downloaded to my library?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iTunes go to the upper left hand corner under "Store" click, then click on "Check for available downloads".

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I had tried that and it said nothing to download.

shoveit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I hope this helps. Me and my partner use the same iTunes account. And when I download stuff for my I pad or iPhone, I have to go and sync on the computer, then it comes up on iTunes for my partner to sync to his iPad or phone. It works for me :) don't have to do it straight away, just every now and then, and you can sync what she's downloaded.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will give it a whirl. Makes sense, sort of.

Thanks

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It makes perfect sense, how does itunes know if you downloaded a app on your ipad, didn't like it and deleted it. The way you want it to work, it would download it into your itunes anyway, even tho you deleted it.

Most reactions

Latest posts