What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store not working...

asksteevs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any of you guys had this problem?

For the past week or so, I have updates showing up in the App Store (on the iPad) and I say update and put in my password and they say they are downloading but the little home screen progress bars just stay dark with no progress, then the 'waiting...' messages eventually go away and the apps' names come back but no update was performed and the updates still show up in the update list in the store. Weird!

Also, if I buy an app - and here's a REAL curveball for you - EITHER on the iPad App Store OR in the app store in iTunes in the Mac, they don't download to the computer or the iPad and I get an error in the iTunes store on the mac. What is going on? The transaction goes through, and every time I open iTunes or the App Store on the iPad they try to download again and fail in the same way.

Also, I know it's not just one specific app or app producer/author/whatever. It is ubiquitous across literally dozens of apps now. All this after never having has any problem of any sort in the app store on the mac or on the iPad.

Any ideas? Thanks

Steve

OP
A

asksteevs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asksteevs said:
Have any of you guys had this problem?

For the past week or so, I have updates showing up in the App Store (on the iPad) and I say update and put in my password and they say they are downloading but the little home screen progress bars just stay dark with no progress, then the 'waiting...' messages eventually go away and the apps' names come back but no update was performed and the updates still show up in the update list in the store. Weird!

Also, if I buy an app - and here's a REAL curveball for you - EITHER on the iPad App Store OR in the app store in iTunes in the Mac, they don't download to the computer or the iPad and I get an error in the iTunes store on the mac. What is going on? The transaction goes through, and every time I open iTunes or the App Store on the iPad they try to download again and fail in the same way.

Also, I know it's not just one specific app or app producer/author/whatever. It is ubiquitous across literally dozens of apps now. All this after never having has any problem of any sort in the app store on the mac or on the iPad.

Any ideas? Thanks

Steve

Sorry, should also clarify that my network is functional in every respect. The entire Internet shows me itself. ;-). Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts