What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to close AppStore session

aleangelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody

When you open the AppStore and try to buy an app, the AppStore asks for your password to confirm the purchase.
The thing is, if you buy a second app, your password is already there so the AppStore is not asking for it again.
I want to be asked again!, how do I achieve this?
The problem is I have 2 kids, and I don't want them to buy anything from inside the games.
I tried to close the AppStore from the opened apps (long press, wait for the minus signs) , but that doesn't seems to work...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, when you first enter the password, the App Store "remembers" you for about 15 minutes afterwards. As far as I know, there is no way to stop it. So, all I can suggest is to not give the iPad to someone until 15 minutes have passed [since your last download].

The good news is that this 15 minutes does not apply for in-app purchases, as you will always get asked if you want to make a purchase from within the app.

I guess Apple figured more people wanted the convenience of easy downloading versus waiting 15 minutes.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could go to Settings > General > Restrictions and turn off both the Installing Apps and In-App Purchases optins. Leave it this way, and only enable it when you are buying stuff.

There is also Require Password option that can be changed to immediately. I think it only applies to In-App Purchases, but you could experiment with it and see if it affects the App Store directly.

Don't forget the passcode though. It's a bear to recover.

OP
A

aleangelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks @Marilyn and @ twerppoet, I´ll try your suggestions.

Best regards
Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts