What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyones iPad have dead/stuck pixels?

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has two dead/stuck pixels. Very hard to notice and really not much of an issue. I am just curious if any of you have it. Mine are extremely hard to even see when trying, but there none the less.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. None here. You should take it to apple and tell them that it annoys you and maybe you can get a replacement

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok set up a genius appt for tomorrow morning. Called first and they said to bring it in. Just sucks a little cause this is my second iPad already. First had video issues that froze the os.

Last edited:

Indyrobb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first iPad had some dust/debris under the screen which i thought was dead pixels at first. The genius looked at it with a eye thingy (like a doc would look at your ear with) and determined it was aluminum dust. They replaced it with a new one right then and there. I was very happy with apples service!

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see any dead pixels with my iPad. Maybe it needs repair somehow. But if it does not bother you, then why should you let yourself worry for something like that?

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see any dead pixels with my iPad. Maybe it needs repair somehow. But if it does not bother you, then why should you let yourself worry for something like that?

As dumb and petty as it sounds, now that I have noticed it, I keep looking at it. Mine I cannot see in dark backgrounds but on white its there. So browsing the web etc is annoying.

My appt is tomorrow now so we shall see how it goes. If they want to give me a new one in its place, I am not going to say no. But I am more going to see what they do as opposed to demanding a new one.

OP
I

ICONYK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo! I got another new iPad today. No dead/stuck pixels this time. It was walk in, say what it was and bam here's a new one. Amazing really.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo! I got another new iPad today. No dead/stuck pixels this time. It was walk in, say what it was and bam here's a new one. Amazing really.

Apple stands behind their products, they're pretty awesome like that.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a manufacture fault yes Apple offers instant replacement for that Apples QA is one of the best in the industry but sometimes one will slip through

Cheers Colin

tgrignon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one dead pixel

I've found one dead pixel on my iPad which I bought a week ago. I bought mine at a Futureshop as there aren't any Apple stores near by. They're out of the 16Gb wifi units so I have to wait until they have another shipment before I get a replacement.:(

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I purchased my first iPad I noticed some aluminum dust inside the screen.. I went back to the apple store where I purchased it and 2 minutes later walked out with a brand new iPad and a free dock.. Apple is the best in customer satisfaction.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

A couple years ago when I got my gf an iPod Touch we went to best buy to find a case, I was using mine to test the size...I put it into one case that was leather and a leather hair must have been sticking out because I got a thin scratch right down center screen! It was only a week old and I was so annoyed with myself and best buy.

I went to an Apple store and asked the guy if they could replace the glass or buff it out or something, I would gladly pay to have it repaired....the guy said hold on a minute, he took it with him and came back with a new one that he replaced mine with!

They did NOT have to do that since it was my accident...but they were cool enough to do it for me. That is yet another reason I love apple...they are always awesome when it comes to their customers and they stand by their product....they understand word of mouth is their best marketing tool!

My mighty mouse ball stopped working a few months ago after having it for a year and they swapped it out for me too!

A few years ago when the Mac Pro's first came out I was working at a studio and one of the edit bay G5s stopped working, I took it to the apple store, they looked it over and called us to let us know the reason it failed was because the liquid coolant had leaked...it had been recalled when it was discovered to be a flaw, and even tho our G5 was almost a year outside it's warranty they gave us a $2500 credit on the Apple store to go toward a new Mac Pro.....again, they could have just said...yeah its screwed better luck next time....but they didn't they stepped up and replaced the defective product even tho it was outside it's warranty and they technically could have just not mentioned the defective part and had us spend another $2500 on a new system....that is a good company!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts