What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead or Stuck Pixel Help

OrdioSoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently purchased an iPad 2 and have noticed that a pixel is stuck blue. Thing is it's only when that area of the screen is black! Is it dead or stuck? Can it be fixed or do I return for a new one?

My first post on here :)

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is is a colour, that usually indicates it is stuck. If it is black, that usually means it is dead.
Being yours is blue, there is a chance it could unstick, but not all stuck pixels can be unstuck. I've never had one on all my Apple devices, for which I count my lucky stars every day!

Don't know what the latest techniques are for unsticking... There are you tube videos which exercise the pixels but I have no idea how effective they are... Sorry.

Hope that helps.

OP
OrdioSoul

OrdioSoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've only had this issue before on an old psp, not what you expect from apple products, which I own(ed) lots of.

Will see if I can unstick it somehow. Many thanks for the reply.

OP
OrdioSoul

OrdioSoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh just a quick point can I change my profile pic / avatar in this app or do I have to use safari? If so how?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the website and choose the "User CP" menu from the top of the site. In there you can change your avatar. You can't manage it on the App.

Hope that helps.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Go to the website and choose the "User CP" menu from the top of the site. In there you can change your avatar. You can't manage it on the App.

Hope that helps.

Any chance that the app may be upgraded with an update to allow this one day ?

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Most reactions

Latest posts