What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone feel that ipad3 battery dropping faster than ipad2?

OP
Vishal

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
Let us know how the battery is on the new one.
New one's battery dropping 5% every half hour , better than old one
Though i think it will be more accurate after new update from apple that's what I feel.

rconn2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a side by side comparison with an iPad 2 and 3. I had their brightness set the same and at different levels (actually, pushed the 3's brightness up a little higher to make it harder for it). Auto lock was turned off to keep the screens on. Both had wifi on. They played the same 720p video for a couple hours, then another. They had the same GPS app running for hours with location services on.

The result? Their batteries drained at the same rate while performing these identical and varied activities. The iPad 3 stayed ahead by about 5%. Since this stayed constant, it likely was due to an initial difference in charge levels.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weird thing. I drained my iPad over the weekend to 5%. After I recharged I used the iPad for about 30 minutes so far and it's showing 100%? I don't know what's going on now? I did use the battery doctor app when doing it.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine doesn't drain faster but it sort of seems that way because it takes it so much longer to charge. I am buying some USB extension cords so it can stay plugged in when I am near an outlet.

OP
Vishal

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
Weird thing. I drained my iPad over the weekend to 5%. After I recharged I used the iPad for about 30 minutes so far and it's showing 100%? I don't know what's going on now? I did use the battery doctor app when doing

Link removed. Please read rule 8

8. With the exception of news articles, promoting other iPad related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Doing so may result in a banning.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DanBarraclough04 said:
I've noticed this sort of thing happening, so I did a drain to 0% and then fully recharge and now it's A LOT better. Try this maybe?

Same results here.
First week i was only getting about 6-7 hrs out of a full charge, full gamut of use - 4G, LTE, wifi brightness etc. After two "full" discharges as in to 0% and power shutdown then overnight recharges, it appears much better. Like today, full charge last night and have used for about 2.5 hrs today and it's still at 91%.

Cheers

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let my battery go down to 2% last night and i left for work at 7am and worked till 7pm. I was at work streaming music (wifi) for about 6 hrs and texting through gvoice and such and I had 86% battery when I got home. I'm pretty pleased.... And this is a Android guy ;-)

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something I notice, actually tested it. I have zagg Bluetooth keyboard
When I use or even just have the keyboard on. I notice a big time battery drain
Yesterday I had iPad on keyboard on and my battery went down from 100% to 35% in four hours I wasn't even very active on iPad
Today I have been active on iPad pretty constant for the last 5 hours. Zagg Keyboard is turned off
My battery has only drop from 100% to 80% that is crazy

Sent from my iPad using iPF

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. So I just travelled from Australia to Amsterdam via hong kong, a 26 hour trip include transit (and back again). I decided to see how long my "new iPad" would last. Leaving the house with a full charge.
Waiting at the airport to take off 1.5 hours spent the entire time emailing. On the plane watched two movies on it and read a book for about 3 hours. Got to hong kong and she was at 60%. Spent the layover in hong kong trawling the internet for information about amsterdam...2 hours. Back on the plane. Read again for a couple of hours, played some games and listened to some music, totaling another. 2 hours....when I arrived at the hotel my dear sweet iPad had 15% charge... Not a constant use and yes it did have to go into airplane mode on the planes which would have saved some power, but i was very happy with the outcome. I was initially worried that I would run out of juice halfway around the world...

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do notice the battery going down faster than iPad 1. I'm on my second cycle of discharge & charge & it seems to improve it

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad3 battery seems to last longer than the one in ipad2!

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk

L

Lunar

The fact is most rechargable batteries don't perform at their optimum performance until they have had a few recharge cycles... and though a big improvement on NiMH batteries, Lithium-ion cells benefit too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts