What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any sbs setting hacks out there?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hear nothing back from the developers about progress on ios7.any alts?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I'm hearing is that SBSettings is not going to be updated for iOS 7. Granted, it was a random statement - and I don't remember the location and time written.

Mostly, the things that could have been done with SBSettings have been "replaced" by all the Control Center tweaks that are out there.

Is there a specific SBSettings function that you want[ed]? Maybe there is something else out there we can suggest...

Marilyn

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One was ability to close all open apps.
Another was safari reset that cleared your cache and history but left cookies?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

CCSettings has what you're looking for. It's tied with the stock Control Center so it's just utilizing what's already available by default. You can read it up here, courtesy of Marilyn. There's a flipswitch to end all processes, and you can also modify it to close out your Music.app or not as well if you use your iPad for music

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Willerz2 has told you about CCSettings for the "ability to close all open apps." That's the one I use to perform this action. There are other tweaks you can use such as SmartClose, Purge, Switchspring, SwipeToKill, etc. But, CCSettings has an icon/the action built right into it so you can use it in the Control Center. Much easier, IMHO.

I have only found one thing to reset Safari. It's a Flipswitch tweak called "Reset Safari" and I also use this one. However, it's designed to delete cookies, also, so I'm not sure if you want it. But, again, it's the only one I know of - yet it deletes all Safari-related stuff.

I use another tweak, "Quick Activator," in conjunction with CCSettings. These two tweaks make my Control Center virtually the same as SBSettings.

Marilyn

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use SBS Settings quite a bit to respring and reboot my device. Are there any similar tweaks to duplicate this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use SBS Settings quite a bit to respring and reboot my device. Are there any similar tweaks to duplicate this?

Virtually all the Control Center tweaks have these options as a standard on installation. The one I use, CCSettings, has them all (with nice recognizable icons, even). But I've not seen one yet that didn't have the option to show respring and reboot icons in the Control Center.

Here's a screenshot to show them in my iPad Air's Control Center (along with others):

y9y9a5yz.jpg

Marilyn

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looked promising. I tried to install but for some reason, it keeps crashing when I go to Settings to try to set the options....not sure what the problem is. Tried reinstalling as well. Am on iPad Mini 2 with 7.0.6

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looked promising. I tried to install but for some reason, it keeps crashing when I go to Settings to try to set the options....not sure what the problem is. Tried reinstalling as well. Am on iPad Mini 2 with 7.0.6

Do you have any other Control Center tweaks loaded? Or - what other tweaks do you have (one of them may be affecting this tweak).

I ask because I've had zero issue with CCSettings - and I'm on an iPad Air, which has the newer (and thus, more problematic) chip.

Marilyn

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

This is the first Control Center tweak I tried (didn't know they existed prior to this thread). Other tweaks I have include Activator, AndroidLock XT, ClassicDock, FolderEnhancer, Homescreen Designer, iKeywiHD, Infinidock, MultiIconMover+, Springtomize, StatusModifier, SwipeSelection and Winterboard.

I'm on the iPad Mini 2, which I think uses the same chip as the iPad Air?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

This is the first Control Center tweak I tried (didn't know they existed prior to this thread). Other tweaks I have include Activator, AndroidLock XT, ClassicDock, FolderEnhancer, Homescreen Designer, iKeywiHD, Infinidock, MultiIconMover+, Springtomize, StatusModifier, SwipeSelection and Winterboard.

I'm on the iPad Mini 2, which I think uses the same chip as the iPad Air?

Yup. Both the Mini Retina and the iPad Air have the A7-M7 coprocessors on-board.

Most reactions