What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 stuck on RESTORE (not recovery) mode after iOS7 update

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My update to iOS7 seemed to go OK, now I got to "Restore from backup/iTunes" and here's where things turned sour. I actually SAW glimpses of iOS7 on the iPad and went through the Hello screen and WiFi setup etc.

It's now stuck on the black screen with white Apple in the middle and little white line progress bar under it - but that progress bar has only made it about 1/8 of the way to the end and seems completely froozen. It's not a 500TB iPad - this should only take a few minutes at most. Something is wrong.

The only USB items I have connected are my keyboard and iPad 2 - nothing else. And they are direct into the Mac.
So yea, updating to iOS7 bricked my iPad. Any clues?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It took multiple attempts but this finally just resolved itself. go figure.

Well, although we didn't have anything to do with the fix, I'm glad you got it worked out. Now, I hope you are enjoying your new iOS 7. And, thanks for letting us know your issue was resolved.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts