What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Newbie from New Zealand...

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. Just saying hi, i have been a mad gadget freak for ever probably because i am an Electronics Tech. Most of the computers i use for work are Windows based but at home i use a MacBook.

My 1st iPod came years ago and it was very basic. Then while on a trip to Japan i was able to buy the latest released (then) iPod Classic for a huge amount of $ but what a machine!!! I probably had the 1st unit in New Zealand as they didn't appear until a whole year later.

Before long i had to have an iTouch and my music came along with me that way but there were so many Apps that used GPS so it was obvious an iPhone4 was 'needed'.

One afternoon while doing a service repair in my home workshop, the repair manual was hogging up more bench space with it's huge fold out paper pages than the gear i was trying to fix. Then i recalled the iPad could 'do .pdf' so i went out a bought a basic 16GB Wifi only.

I synced up the service manual (which was also .pdf) using iTunes on my Mac and in minutes was pinch zooming the circuit diagrams of the gear i was working on. This has got be the best thing the iPad is good for.... It is now full of manuals and a few test Apps.

"Ultimate Product" say my Japanese friends.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MorrisTheCat said:
Hello all. Just saying hi, i have been a mad gadget freak for ever probably because i am an Electronics Tech. Most of the computers i use for work are Windows based but at home i use a MacBook.

My 1st iPod came years ago and it was very basic. Then while on a trip to Japan i was able to buy the latest released (then) iPod Classic for a huge amount of $ but what a machine!!! I probably had the 1st unit in New Zealand as they didn't appear until a whole year later.

Before long i had to have an iTouch and my music came along with me that way but there were so many Apps that used GPS so it was obvious an iPhone4 was 'needed'.

One afternoon while doing a service repair in my home workshop, the repair manual was hogging up more bench space with it's huge fold out paper pages than the gear i was trying to fix. Then i recalled the iPad could 'do .pdf' so i went out a bought a basic 16GB Wifi only.

I synced up the service manual (which was also .pdf) using iTunes on my Mac and in minutes was pinch zooming the circuit diagrams of the gear i was working on. This has got be the best thing the iPad is good for.... It is now full of manuals and a few test Apps.

"Ultimate Product" say my Japanese friends.

Oh I know your pain, I have Apple stuff all over the place, so many $ and so little time.......good to see you here!

The Archangel

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a really quick test so please ignore. TapaTalk... How I access this Forum (and many more I participate in) has done some housekeeping and I am just checking to see what happens when I post .... (fingers x'd)

Most reactions

Latest posts