What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another iPad newbie

JHAC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello fellow iPaders. I am new to the world of Apple with this iPad as my intro device. Despite some drawbacks (like a lack of easily intuitive choices in many apps), I am still impressed. I trust Apple will be working on improving such issues. I joined the forum to learn more about the use of this device and more about other Apple products for the future.Been working with computers since 1965 when i took my first programming class in BASIC, later FORTRAN while my wife worked in COBOL and "machine language" eons ago. Have remained a computer geek ever since. Looking forward to your collective help! Just got a Logitech keyboard which really helps. :)

BTW, how can I view pdf files on the iPad? I understand Apple does not support .pdf. Have tried a pdf reader via the itunes store but it did't work either. :(

Last edited:

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and welcome:) I am also very new to my ipad, but love it and really appreciate the info available in the forums. I have used ibooks to read my pdf files. It works well

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

As the previous poster suggested, iBooks fully supports PDF format documents - there's no trouble there at all.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions