What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Newbie

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
Hi Folks,
I have been a message board user for about 20 years. I used to post on a broadband board when I was a Palm Pilot user, haven't been there in a while so found this board looking for it. I am a die-hard Windows user, so when I bought an ePad that crashed the first time I used it, I decided to take the Apple plunge. I got my iPad through Verizon and absolutely love it. Have only had it a couple of weeks, so still a rookie.

My main goal was to find a device that was portable (something I can carry in my backpack all the time), provided internet access and supported MS Office apps. Previously I purchased a Sony Vaio but was never happy with it as it is Vista (not a great operating system in my opinion), so I just use that in my home office. The iPad has been just awesome so far and the MiFi card is a dream.

I haven't taken any tutorials yet and am surprised at how intuitive the iPad is. I have been able to manipulate Word & Excel documents with ease. I am not interested in hosing up my device with a lot of free apps, so only have some basic ones (Medical/Merck Manual, Social/FB, Home/Recipe, Tiki/Beachbum Berry Cocktails) and a few others.

Will take me a while to cruise around this board, but if anyone has suggestions for great threads, please give me a shout. Plus if any of the old Palm gang is on this board would love to hear from you. :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have been a message board user for about 20 years. I used to post on a broadband board when I was a Palm Pilot user, haven't been there in a while so found this board looking for it. I am a die-hard Windows user, so when I bought an ePad that crashed the first time I used it, I decided to take the Apple plunge. I got my iPad through Verizon and absolutely love it. Have only had it a couple of weeks, so still a rookie.

My main goal was to find a device that was portable (something I can carry in my backpack all the time), provided internet access and supported MS Office apps. Previously I purchased a Sony Vaio but was never happy with it as it is Vista (not a great operating system in my opinion), so I just use that in my home office. The iPad has been just awesome so far and the MiFi card is a dream.

I haven't taken any tutorials yet and am surprised at how intuitive the iPad is. I have been able to manipulate Word & Excel documents with ease. I am not interested in hosing up my device with a lot of free apps, so only have some basic ones (Medical/Merck Manual, Social/FB, Home/Recipe, Tiki/Beachbum Berry Cocktails) and a few others.

Will take me a while to cruise around this board, but if anyone has suggestions for great threads, please give me a shout. Plus if any of the old Palm gang is on this board would love to hear from you. :D

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

A die-hard Windows User - just like me...

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

OP
VampiressRN

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I love your avatar col. The only time I have ever been out of the US, I went with a bunch of gals to New Zealand for 2 weeks (awesome place) and over to stay with some internet friends in Melbourne for a week...had a blast and stay in contact with them all the time.

It is so wonderful how technology pulls people together from all over the world. Even more so with social networking like Face Book and such. I am really enjoying the forum, it is easy to find my way around and everyone is very helpful. Great moderators too!!!

Most reactions