What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About Our Cases

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you purchase a Mach 3 Composites case you are getting very special one of a kind and unique case. Great care was given to case design and materials used. We start with 100% carbon fiber and added multiple layers until we found the right balance of strength and weight. We then line each half of the case with with an ultra soft and shock absorbing padding. Once that is complete we add the finishing touch of a very soft high quality liner.On the edge of the case we cover each side with a rubber gasket that serves two purposes. First, it adds to the strength of the case. Second, it helps create a water resistant seal.
Our hardware is molded specifically for our cases. We chose using hardware in our design over a zipper for a couple of reasons. Using latches and hinges allow for a rigid surface all the way through and has minimum compressibility. Usually if a zipper is used you have some sort of soft fabric that it is stitched into the case design. Another advantage of our hardware is individual component replacement. Our hardware is made from a high quality metal alloy with each part being individually installed. Should a certain latch or hinge get damaged you can send the case back to us and we can replace the individual component.
We also spray a clear protective coat on the exterior for a high gloss finish. The end result is a work of art. Slim, Light, and Protective. We back up our cases with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and first class customer service. Test fly one today!:)
E-mail [email protected]
Web www.mach3composites.com

Last edited:

Photo1017

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wjd333.smugmug.com
Blatant advertising. Shouldn't that be prohibited?
That 'free books' dork is bad enough, now this!
Apparently not a moderated board!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I mean, his avatar and big logo that says supporting vendor should give it away.

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
$120 for a case that you can't even see because of the terrible photo on the website?

No thanks.

A black case with a black background and low lighting? You really need to work on the photography for all of your products.

Attachments

• web_sample_1_1.jpg
    web_sample_1_1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 231

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps your monitor is not properly calibrated? Granted, black on black isn't always the best choice, but I have no issue seeing the case at all on my end. If I had to make a critique it would be that there is no picture of the iPad IN the case with it open like for the Mac Book.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Each case is hand made to order..."

Does that mean you have no inventory, even though there's a 3-week lead time due to high demand?

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps your monitor is not properly calibrated? Granted, black on black isn't always the best choice, but I have no issue seeing the case at all on my end. If I had to make a critique it would be that there is no picture of the iPad IN the case with it open like for the Mac Book.

If you put your cursor on the case it opens showing you the Ipad inside,at least it did for me.:)

Al.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did on the first page for me with the Macbook, but I didn't notice it doing it on the actual iPad product page.

OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct. Our IPAD cases are molded. We are awaiting our hardware manufacturer to complete production of the black latches and hinges. We are scheduled to get them in the next week and then we can complete the installation and begin filling the orders.
We have changed our hardware style from our first generation cases. The cases we are getting ready to release are second generation. We have gone to a prepeg carbon fiber and improved on the original hardware. I have been holding off on reshooting the web photos until we had all second genertion cases complete. The plan is to show unique laptops and the IPAD in their respective cases instead of one generic picture.
The IPAD case is 3CM thick. On the internal space we added an extra 10mm on the length and width beyond the IPAD dimensions to allow room for a snap on back cover. Inside is padded and lined. If you go to our site and then click over to our FB page you can see the actual case prototype in the rough. I was trying to post it here but was unable. I would like to retail the case for less but the issue is that carbon fiber is an expensive material. I love the comments and questions, keep them coming.:)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Each case is hand made to order..."

Does that mean you have no inventory, even though there's a 3-week lead time due to high demand?
We have quite a few that have been preordered. Once we complete our hardware installation we have to play catch up.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts