What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

about hacking ipad2

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all...i am kindly to tell u all that i am new to ipad2 and ios... may i know the most stable jailbreaker for ipad2 16gb wifi? thx!and...do i need to jailbreak everytime got new version of ios announced?

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all...i am kindly to tell u all that i am new to ipad2 and ios... may i know the most stable jailbreaker for ipad2 16gb wifi? thx!and...do i need to jailbreak everytime got new version of ios announced?

jailbreakme.com is the one you need. However, as new versions of iOS come out, you'll have to wait a while before you can update because the devs need time to figure out how jailbreak each new version.

Last edited:
OP
L

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thx for replying...but i heard that jailbreakme.com is unstable and got lots of bugs...thats why i am here to ask for the most stable jailbreaker..

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
Jailbreakme had a couple of problems with certain devices when it was first released but these were fixed promptly.
It is the ONLY jailbreak for the iPad2 so you have no alternative.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LiosCheah said:
...but i heard that jailbreakme.com is unstable and got lots of bugs...thats why i am here to ask for the most stable jailbreaker..

To reiterate what others have said, the initial bug fix which was made to the jailbreak a few days ago seems to have resolved all outstanding issues. I do not consider jailbreakme.com any less stable than other methods now, and for the iPad2 it is the only choice, but still a good choice. It is no longer a compromise.

Whilst other bugs may exist and are yet to be discovered, it is unlikely these are in any way significant, and the community has a track record of reacting quickly and issuing a fix shortly after they are identified.

Hope that helps.

OP
L

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx for replying! My last two question regarding jb... Do I need to back up my apps and photo 1st before jb? If need what apps do I need? And if iOS 5 comes out, and i want to upgrade to iOS 5 jb version, do I need to switch back from jb version of ios4.3.3 to unjailbreak one 1st? Or just got ways to upgrade directly from jail broken 4.3.3 to 5?

Last edited:

Confucious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.iphone-dev.org
It's always safer to back up in iTunes first - but it's not essential.
You can just upgrade to iOS5 when it's released but you will lose your JB until one becomes available so you should wait and see what JB is available for iOS5 first (if any).

OP
L

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can just upgrade to iOS5 when it's released but you will lose your JB until one becomes available so you should wait and see what JB is available for iOS5 first (if any).

ok thx very much! can i downgrade after i jb using the jailbreakme.com?

Last edited:
OP
L

LiosCheah

iPF Noob
Reaction score

hi pro...may i ask u a question? after i jb, can i attach a memory card via adptor to my ipad2, and make it as a external storage of ipad2, then running apps , games and photos on it...?

Most reactions

Latest posts