What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A forum on wallpapers, can i ask how do i change a wallpaper ?

timmy toad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy folks, of course i am a real newbie with the (wifes) iPad2, i am also a relative newbie with my MacbookPro.

I can see here that there is a Forum dedicated to WALLPAPERS, well, funnily enough i wouldnt even know how to change the one that came as standard on my iPad2 ?.

Can anybody put me right Ta.

tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, for very basic instructions (starting at your iPad home screen):

Go to your Settings (the gear icon on your screen). Once it opens, on the left side, you should see "Brightness & Wallpaper." Select it and, on the right hand side, you will now see some selections. Under "Wallpaper" will be two representational pictures: one of your current lockscreen picture and the other of your homescreen picture.

Select in that white area (doesn't matter which picture ... it's all the same area). You should get offered two areas from which to pick photos/pictures, "Wallpaper" (which is the stock stuff Apple sends with the iPad) and "Saved Photos," which are photos you have in your Photos app.

Select either one - and another page will open showing all the pictures you can choose. Pick one.

That picture will open up and in the right hand [upper] corner, you will see options to "Set Lock Screen," "Set Home Screen" or "Set Both." Do your selection and ta da! You've changed your wallpaper.

Oh, and on the upper left side, you will see a "Cancel" button should you decide that that particular picture is not what you want.

Just keep rinsing and repeating until you settle on a wallpaper you like/want.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
T

timmy toad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks lads/lasses, that has definitely put me in my place, it really is easy when you know how, eh. thanks.

tim

Most reactions

Latest posts