What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 wallpapers

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
3 wallpapers

Tinkered around with tried and true wallpapers to make em look good on the iPad! I take no credit for the original design.
Enjoy! :)

DOWNLOAD HERE!

thumbnaildv.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Max,

I'm curious... how will rotating the pad change the background orientation... ie, look at the Apple. Depending on if you are landscape or portrait, it will be out of rotation.

Also, check out iPad Wallpapers - iPad Wallpapers -- Just got it going, it's waiting for wallpaper love!

EthicsD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
Max

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
Rotate the homepage??

Ive havent seen any evidence yet of that we will actually be able to landscape the homepage, which would be awesome! :)

UPDATE: Just watched the keynote again and I stand corrected, seems thou as it automatically turns the wallpaper..

Last edited:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Michael, Welcome to the site!

Just wanted to thank you for the link on your home page :)

Great looking wallpapers. With your permission, I will add them to the wallpaper section of IPadfools.com.

I already have some Apple Ipad wallpapers available in 768x1024, go check them out here: IPad Wallpaper

-Michael

ipadfool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added the wallpaper to the Ipad Fools Wallpaper section. Thanks for the content.

Idan..my pleasure on the link. You have a great site and it will be a very popular destination when this thing is released. I will put up a news post about your site as well. It will be good for your SEO and I think my small population of readers will spend a lot of time over here.

BTW, If anyone has any news scoops, please send me a message and i wil get it up on Ipad fools

Last edited:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From some research I did the wallpaper will just center and rotate. However we will get a concrete answer once somebody gets their hands on the iPad.
I think you are correct. I was re-watching the keynote and took some screen grabs of Steve demoing with the iPad in both landscape and portrait. If you look at the attached pick, it looks to me like the wallpaper is 1024x1024. So when in landscape a small strip (128 pixels) of the picture on the top and bottom is not visible and when in portrait the strips are on the sides.

Assuming this is the case it appears that square (1024x1024) images centered on the item of interest will make the best wallpapers. Hopefully we will know for sure soon.

Top row has the captures and bottom is one grab overlaid on the other. (Make sure to look at the image full size :))

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are we absolutely sure that the wallpaper rotates and that there is no possibility of there actually being 2 images? One 768X1024 and the other 1024X768? Anyways there are 100's of iPad wallpapers over at iPad Tablet Central. Check them out!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the video below, we will be able to choose different pictures for the lock screen and the wallpaper. It doesn't look like we can choose different ones for portrait and landscape. Things could change though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq9qNAAaOlk"]this video[/ame]

Most reactions