What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullscreen animated wallpapers?

Kabona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, decided to try out vwallpaper in my iPad so I could try out some video wallpapers.

So I got wallpaper installed, but none of the videos I load will come up in the proper resolution... It is either the size of an iPhone screen with everything else black around it.... Or if I try using my own hd video animation it will still be the wrong size and only take up half of my screen...

Kind of annoying... I thinkanimated wallpaper would be pretty cool.... If I could get them to come up fullscreen..

Any ideas?

Also u am not looking to buy any of the themes that have animated wallpapers in them... I am just looking to add my own video files as a wallpaper.( ie download a short animated clip from Mxtube and apply as wallpaper)

Anyone have any luck with this?

Wraith72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you with installing your own HD clips and setting them as a live wallpaper, but I found a few live iPad wallpapers that are pretty cool. You'll need to locate the repo (I believe you can find it by searching pizentudewind) and add it to your Cydia sources. The live wallpaper I currently use is called 'Asteroids iPad'. I also have another cool one called 'Rain Glass iPad'.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
add this repo for more:
PizentuDeWind's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com
Just make sure it says "iPad" in title.

Uninstall vwallpaper and install vwallpaper2....still in beta but better....let's you add icon effects as well as widgets and webviews. Also vwall2 stretches the iPhone vwallies to fit iPad screen. Still they look slightly pixelated on some of them.

Last edited:

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like Outl4w said you have to find the ones with iPad in the name. The repo he gave you will have some pretty cool ones to pick from. Take note though that they do eat ram!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried adding the repo, that worked, but no matter what I try to install from them, I get a message saying " NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"

Any ideas?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried adding the repo, that worked, but no matter what I try to install from them, I get a message saying " NOTE: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"

Any ideas?

That because it needs the original vwallpaper app to be installed as well...here's what I did.
1. Install other vwallpaper made by same developer from same repo.
2. Now download and install the desired vwallpapers.
3. Using ifile, navigate to var/mobile/media/vwallpaper/videos and copy all videos from this folder and paste into videos folder of vwallpaper2.
4. Now unistall vwallpaper which will also delete the vwallpapers You originally downloaded but the videos you copied to vwallpaper2 will still be valid.

Hope that didn't sound too confusing....
Since vwall2 wasnt out yet when these videos were formatted it was solely dependent on the original vwallpaper app.

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha, thank you for the info, all set now =)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions