What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

problaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
nice boards btw...shamelessly I'll be blunt!

has anyone installed this on their iphone4? more importantly is it nice? :)
Does it have the "wifi hotspot" as presented in 4.2.5?

Thanks :) Just got an iphone 4 for Xmas so this would be a stunner feature to add for the odd on the fly wifi provision! No more "free wifi" problems for me :p

Phantastes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error installing 4.3 beta

Just tried to install the 4.3 beta and part way through (after verifying everything and starting the install) it died with error code 15 I believe. Now it's restoring 4.2 and I have to reinstall everything :mad:. Anybody else having problems?

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, the same thing was happening to me...error code 12 and 13. I unplugged the iPad cable from my keyboard and plugged it directly into my Mini as suggested on the Apple web site. Finally got it installed on the third try. Pain in the butt but it was worth it.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, I also read the news that this update lack of support for iPhone 3GS and iPod 2, but the updates for iPad look like an extremely positive step, apple have listened again! however I'd like to see some of the multitouch gesture support for the iPhone. why can't it have at least the multitasking navigation via a three finger swipe? otherwise, hot spot looks good and is anyone really honestly that surprised they made another crappy icon? itunes 10, app store, now facetime...
I do hope the iPad 2 can give much more surprise to me, as the 1Gen iPad is impressed much fans, especially on playing games and watching movies and videos, though it lack of flash support, but with tools like iFunia iPad converter, all are on the go! And the number of iPad user must be bigger and bigger~

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Phantastes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error installing 4.3 beta

Did you have to do a restore each time before re-trying the beta? I have mine plugged into my imac through usb

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I did three complete restores after the installation failed about one quarter of the way through. I did not mind the first restore too much due to the fact that it was the first one I have done since I purchased my iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any 4.3 Beta tester confirm whether or not Apple has disabled the Home button?

I just came across a rumor that this is supposed to happen..... Next iPad, iPhone to lose home button? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Wow, the rumor mill has gone that far off its hinges that people are now saying the home button will be disabled????

The logical guess is that the inclusion of gestures could spell the lack of a home button in iPad 2 or perhaps 3....but it doesn't mean they would just render the button useless! Some people may really like the gestures as an end all...some may just want to use the button...there is no chance the button will be disabled tho!! If you have one with a home button it will always work...if they remove it it just won't be there..

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short clip on new features

The 3 new features

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TJ0o3vxMQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With regards to the gestures, I think I would prefer a 4 finger swipe down to close an app instead of the 4/5 finger pinch. This seems more logical since it is a 4 finger swipe up to bring up the multitask bar.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As reported today by Gizmodo:

Apple Finally Lets You Choose What Your iPad's Side Switch Does

So I guess sometimes Apple does listen to reason. Can't wait!

OMG it has finally happened:

signhell.jpg

Hell really HAS frozen over!!!! :D

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D

I figured the pic was perfect for this!!! LOL!!!! I found this comment on that sites comments....

*Sprays tea out of mouth*
Choice! On an apple product? Some one better tell the scientists at the hydron collider to stop messing with black holes.

Hilarious!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts