What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble installing 4.3? It won't install on my iPad.
As stated already you need to have your iPad's UDID registered at the developer center for it to install.

This is not like the 4.2 betas that allowed installation without the above.

As has also been pointed out, you need to also register the iPad with Xcode too--if you want to be able to use the new multi-touch gestures.

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble installing 4.3? It won't install on my iPad.
As stated already you need to have your iPad's UDID registered at the developer center for it to install.

Michael

I do have my UDID registered.
Well can you be more specific about what error message you are getting? Also, are you a registered developer and registered it yourself or did someone else register for you? If the latter how long ago.

Michael

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I downloaded the file. I open up iTunes, and I click shift, check for updates, and I open up the download file. It extracts the file, prepares to install it, then it says the it couldn't be upgraded, and I have to restore my iPad back to 4.2.

I paid someone to register my UDID last night.....using the link someone posted on this forum.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
I downloaded the file. I open up iTunes, and I click shift, check for updates, and I open up the download file. It extracts the file, prepares to install it, then it says the it couldn't be upgraded, and I have to restore my iPad back to 4.2.

I paid someone to register my UDID last night.....using the link someone posted on this forum.

Do not use links posted on this forum please contact the developer you are linked with for support
All moderators will delete any links for beta software so please read rule 8a. We have had far to many users that do not understand beta applications get into trouble. The best solution is to let the developers and their associates whom understand the procedures test the upgrade Thank you

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
Can any 4.3 Beta tester confirm whether or not Apple has disabled the Home button?

I just came across a rumor that this is supposed to happen..... Next iPad, iPhone to lose home button? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I think it would be a bad move on Steve's part to disable that button until people have had a chance to play with the gestures that will replace it and particularly without saying "oh, by the way, when you install this software that hardware feature isn't going to work anymore.". Look at what happened when he disabled the Rotation Lock and we knew that was in the software.

What would be the purpose, other than saving a few lines of code, of disabling the switch if it is not going to be repurposed? There would be quite a few devices in the wild with a button on them that did absolutely nothing.

And that button is needed to reboot and screen capture.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You cannot shift-update. You must shift-restore. At least I had to.

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:

Michael

Sorry that's what I meant. Shift restore. But i couldn't get it to work. Oh well.

Sounds like developer didn't actually register your UDID.

If you want I can do it for you. I am a registered developer.

Michael

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Tinman said:

Michael

If you would want then that would be ok. But if you are too busy or whatever then don't worry about it.

tenyrnote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to send PM's to some of you butI dont have any posts. I am brand new here and I just got an iPad which is my first Apple device. I am an avid android and Blackberry user and plane on getting an iPhone so I wanted to learn with an ipad. I have several rooted android devices running custom roms and Blackberry hybrids but i donrt even know how to install this 4.3 software that I have on my PC. I tried to install and everything went well but at the end it said that my device needed to be registered. can someone help me? i am happy to compensate for your efforts?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:

Michael

If you would want then that would be ok. But if you are too busy or whatever then don't worry about it.
It only takes a few seconds.... no biggie. If you want PM me.

Michael

tenyrnote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tinman said:

Michael

Sorry that's what I meant. Shift restore. But i couldn't get it to work. Oh well.

Michael
Tinman, can you help me please? I am just trying to learn, and i would be greatfull if you could help register my device. I cant PM you cause i dont have enough posts and I cant post my email yet

tenyrnote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry about this but my next post will have my email ( I need to post a certain # of times to get my email out)

tenyrnote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright If Tinman you or anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. My name is Glen I am excited to install this new software

Removed email from post
Col. Bris

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions