What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys are still misunderstanding the function of the "mute" switch. It has been explained on here 1000 times. It works in EVERY app, it does NOT mute all sounds, it ONLY mutes system sounds (alerts, keyboard clicks, other random beeps and clicks, etc).

I didn't like it or hate it, but you've got to laugh when people actually claim they have been "mortified" by the change. LOL!

I'm happy for you guys who really hated the change, now you get the choice. I never for a second thought that Apple would make it a user-selectable feature, as we all know how much they go against user-choice in iOS.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen that video that shows the new swiping gestures. Looks way cool! Sure will be neater/handier than clicking (or double clicking) the home button.

Heh. Now I'm almost like I was for 4.2... eagerly waiting. :D

Marilyn

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rumor and I know it is just a rumor, about taking away the home key would be a bad idea seeing we need it for soft resets.

I'm really excited about this iOS update.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rumor and I know it is just a rumor, about taking away the home key would be a bad idea seeing we need it for soft resets.

I'm really excited about this iOS update.

Obviously there would be a different button to use, like power + volume rocker. I think removing the home button would be great...it's the only thing in the device that gives it a set bottom at this point.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about the final release of jailbreak now ?
Every one was waiting for the final good release on 4.2.1
Now with 4.3 on the horizon , people will preferred to wait.

ctsluder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
What about the final release of jailbreak now ?
Every one was waiting for the final good release on 4.2.1
Now with 4.3 on the horizon , people will preferred to wait.

Yep I know, that is me now! Aaarrrggggyyyy!!

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the camera connection kit now works with 4.3, I'll update...otherwise, I'll stay where I'm at.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It said my iPad could not be restored to the current version.....not sure what's going on there. And now it is stuck on the Apple logo.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rlarson_mn said:
Hope the wifi drop issue is fixed. I for one am tired of having to reconnect to my network.

This is not. an issue for most users, you may need to replace your modem router. Security settings can be an issue for ANY mobile device, incorrect security can cause incorrect ip address thus no access to the Internet and or intermittent wifi. one problem is there is no standard for N technology so some manufacture have issues with different new devices inc printers apple I devices, other mobile phones inc android, chic, playstation, wi and net books to name a few. Updates of modem/ routers may resolve issue

Apple will always fine tune technologies such as wifi as it is there best interest however if problems still exist the use plan b we will wait and see if any changes

Last edited:

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is your iPad user ID registered with Apple as a developer? If not that is probably your problem.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rumor is referring to the actual removal of the physical button from the device, while I am not a developer I highly doubt that Apple has disabled the button.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well OK then, I guess someone a lot smarter than me is required to assist you. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Most reactions