What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another nice introduction t 4.3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-uySK9_uhA[/ame]

TheRocksta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I've screwed up. I thought the Beta was the same as the GM 4.2 OS, so I updated last night and it won't update saying I'm not part of the development team. I can't downgrade because I didn't save the blobs.

What can I do? Nothing? Will I just have to wait for the Golden Master/official 4.3 to be released?

Thanks in advance.

Wa4vif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.lubesnmore.com
gentlefury said:
That probably was the most important feature of the entire device...I was seriously ready to smash the thing into little bits because the switch I barely remember was there got changed to another useless feature!

How did a wise-ass like you get to be a super moderator? I think I hear your mother calling you to dinner.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
That probably was the most important feature of the entire device...I was seriously ready to smash the thing into little bits because the switch I barely remember was there got changed to another useless feature!

How did a wise-ass like you get to be a super moderator? I think I hear your mother calling you to dinner.

He may have his quirks but do not diss the mods dude.

Back on topic here.

Did I miss something or is there a release date for the 4.3 anytime soon? Like a month or so?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope its not that long! This is not a "major" update like going from iOS3 to iOS4.

And yeah, I am surprised that Apple is making the switch user selectable. We have nearly 30,000 members and one of them could be Uncle Steve!

article_teaser_steve_jobs_holds_iphone_and_smiles_during_iphone_macworld_2007_introduction.jpg

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:

Chill out...I know that switch is an incredibly sensitive topic, but why not invest in a sense of humor?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did a wise-ass like you get to be a super moderator?
I made about 1500 posts and I guess they figured I wasn't going anywhere! I woke up one day and found this next to my name! Go figure!

supermod1.jpg

(BTW, NØIU here!)

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did a wise-ass like you get to be a super moderator?
I made about 1500 posts and I guess they figured I wasn't going anywhere! I woke up one day and found this next to my name! Go figure!

supermod1.jpg

(BTW, NØIU here!)

I don't recall how many posts I had, but I was one of the early members here and I just participated a whole lot in the forum so they asked if I would like to help moderate the front. I like this community so I said yes :)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, I've screwed up. I thought the Beta was the same as the GM 4.2 OS, so I updated last night and it won't update saying I'm not part of the development team. I can't downgrade because I didn't save the blobs.

What can I do? Nothing? Will I just have to wait for the Golden Master/official 4.3 to be released?

Thanks in advance.

Your only option is to put the device into DFU mode and restore to a stock 4.2.1. iTunes will let you do this only if you are in DFU mode. Google it if you need instructions.

msjaneoly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Your only option is to put the device into DFU mode and restore to a stock 4.2.1. iTunes will let you do this only if you are in DFU mode. Google it if you need instructions.

When I did that I got an error 1015 and recovery mode made it stop.
I went to the beta release again and hoping to find my udid number to register again so that I can use my ipad.

My iphone 4 upgraded easily.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
that is an iPad only feature.

So they took my Rotation Lock switch away so my iPad would act like an iPhone even though it can't make calls, and now they are making the iPad act different from the iPhone.
At least I will get my Rotation Lock back.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So they took my Rotation Lock switch away so my iPad would act like an iPhone even though it can't make calls, and now they are making the iPad act different from the iPhone.
At least I will get my Rotation Lock back.

You know, I have to admit I had pretty much the exact same thought when I heard the switch would be user configurable. Maybe Apple is starting to realize the iPad is used a little differently than a phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts