What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32 or 64 Gig

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to buy one if I can find a 3G model. So does anybody who bought an32 gig wish they had the 64 gig model? I am undecided to pay 100 bucks for the extra gigs, but then again thats twice the storage!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
When I got mine sast Friday I had planned on getting the 16 gig because I figured I would basically have stuff on it like what I have on my iPhone. On my iPhone I have a ton of apps and only load selected playlists of music onto the phone. Seeing how I only use up 5gigs on my iPhone I figured 16 gigs would be plenty.

When I got to the apple store to purchase the iPad they were all out of the 16 gig models so I got a 32 gig. Man am I glad I did, the first day I got it it had already been loaded with 20 gigs of stuff.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also planning on the 16g. When I went to pick it up I went with 32g. I have about 18g remaining but I loaded movies, that used 9g. I'm ok with 32, although 64 is only 100 more. I wanted to make sure that I had some money left to spend on apps. I figure I still have about 100.00 more in apps to buy. Also take into account a case and carrying bag. Depending on what you do that could be another 100 or more.

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a 64 GB model, it was all the store had in stock, and I'd planned to go for the max anyways, but I only have about 12 GB used currently.
As I learn more about what it can do, I'm confident it will fill up.
I disliked having to budget space on my iPhone, I'm happy with the 64 even at the premium.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for the 64GB if you don't end up needing it that isn't a big deal. If you buy the 32GB and run out of storage space then you have a problem.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32gb and I still have plenty of room. But, I mostly have apps and a few photots. It really depends on what your going to do with it. If your going to have lots of video,get the 64gb. If your not sure, and have the money,get the 64gb

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are not a huge Media person, who has a ton of Music or Movies, then 16GB should do you fine. I have Music on mine, but really never use it. Pandora gets more use, then my local music.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the biggest storage that you can afford. Once you start using your iPad you may change the way you thought you were going to use it. For example - after I had mine for about 5 days I went in and changed all of my podcasts from Audio to Video (former iPod Touch user). That sure used up a bunch of space.

When the upgrade the Ops Sys you don't know if they'll have some way of resident file storage and syncing (hope they will) and you might need the extra space.

Besides - when you go to sell the larger units will be more attractive.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the biggest storage that you can afford.

This is probably the best advice. As others have said, if you buy the 16 or 32 because you don't want to spend the extra dough (but actually have the means) and you end up running out of space, you're going to end up kicking yourself. If you get the 64 and run out of space .... well there isn't much else you could have done anyway right???

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go with as much as you feel you can afford. Most will be fine with 32GB, but you will be unhappy if you run out. I went with 32GB, but I have no desires to get close to that.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can afford to pay for extra Gig, then why worry? Just to be sure, Research about the model that you want to upgrade. But as for me, I am contented with my 64 GB. It really satisfy me as an iPad User.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a 32 and still have plenty of room. But if you have the extra $100 then go for it, because you might not need the storage right now, but what will happen in a years time, you never know.

Gazuga6176

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on what you plan to do with the space. I had a friend who dumped 44 gb of music on his, and that's just what he wanted to take with him. But he's not into apps. I guess a film buff would be in even more trouble. I have a 16 gb and I. Haven't even really thought about how much memory I have left. I lie apes, and I have a few gigs of music, I might take a movie or a few shows with me on a trip. But I'm here for the web experience. And after awhile, that is what I think it will be all about. Everything will stream, and file sizes will only get smaller. This thing will evolve.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Besides - when you go to sell the larger units will be more attractive.

I'm saving the $100 for the 2nd generation iPad!

Best advice is to consider what every one has said here and then buy what fits your needs best.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks All....think I will spring for the 64 Gig. They are all out of stock anyhow so I have another month probably to save up some more bucks:D

Most reactions