What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you get a 32 gig or 64 gig iPad 4?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
One final question about which model I should get. I'm still leaning very heavily for the wi-fi only version, but in the 64 gig storage model. I have seen where you can make your iPhone a temporary mobile "hot spot" and use your wi-fi iPad via your iPhone. Yet, I go to a site that shows how to do it, and it says something about going into your "settings" menu to do this. No where in my settings menu on my iPhone is there a bar that says, "set up mobile hot spot" or something similar to that. Any ideas? I'm using a Sprint iPhone 4S with Siri.

You have to set this up with your carrier. I am on Verizon and have the HotSpot turned on for me (cost was less than buying 3G iPad and paying the monthly for it) and it works great.

Dr. Robert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would get the 64 gig. I did with the iPad 3, and though I am somewhat conservative about what I have on there, I've already used up about half the space.

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One final question about which model I should get. I'm still leaning very heavily for the wi-fi only version, but in the 64 gig storage model. I have seen where you can make your iPhone a temporary mobile "hot spot" and use your wi-fi iPad via your iPhone. Yet, I go to a site that shows how to do it, and it says something about going into your "settings" menu to do this. No where in my settings menu on my iPhone is there a bar that says, "set up mobile hot spot" or something similar to that. Any ideas? I'm using a Sprint iPhone 4S with Siri.
I think you have to have a Jailbroken iPhone to do this. I do the same on my Android phone and it needs to be rooted (same as jailbroken) to do this. It works great with my current wi-fi only iPad.

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to set this up with your carrier. I am on Verizon and have the HotSpot turned on for me (cost was less than buying 3G iPad and paying the monthly for it) and it works great.

I'll contact Sprint to see if it is possible. Even if I can't do it, I'm still leaning towards the "wi-fi" version and I am going to get the 64 gig one.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
knowoneuno said:

This may be disallowed by Sprint. I'm in Canada, so I don't know about US carriers, but if you have the capability, it will be in Settings/Personal Hotspot.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The hotspot feature appears in your settings menu, if allowed by your carrier. If it doesn't, ask your cellular carrier, some charge a fee for allowing this feature.

image-3180394721.jpg

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I called Sprint and they would charge either $14 or $30 a month extra for this feature. No thanks. I'll just go with the wi-fi version.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
when I had the ipad 1 with 3G, I was paying $25/m for 2GB. I have the hotspot feature turned on for my phone and tether and I am paying less than half to connect the ipad. For me, it ended up saving $15/m and I still have the same amount of data.

Borbella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I called Sprint and they would charge either $14 or $30 a month extra for this feature. No thanks. I'll just go with the wi-fi version.

Wow! I live in Canada and have never heard of anyone ever having to pay to use the Hotspot, though admittedly, I have only tried to tether my iPad 4 with an Android phone. It has always worked beautifully with even the cheapest of phones. It has saved me many times when the electricity has gone out since I have an Unlimited Internet Plan with my cellular company for $40 including unlimited NA and texting. You can watch Netflix etc...., beautiful on your iPad 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought 64GBs for all devices as I never want to run out of space and then can't use them.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! I live in Canada and have never heard of anyone ever having to pay to use the Hotspot, though admittedly, I have only tried to tether my iPad 4 with an Android phone. It has always worked beautifully with even the cheapest of phones. It has saved me many times when the electricity has gone out since I have an Unlimited Internet Plan with my cellular company for $40 including unlimited NA and texting. You can watch Netflix etc...., beautiful on your iPad 4

3G / 4G works well for watching movies on the iPad?? I always have to connect to home wifi for that

Borbella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G / 4G works well for watching movies on the iPad?? I always have to connect to home wifi for that

No problem at all. I do it all the time. No stuttering at all, and it's great to have when on-the go.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem at all. I do it all the time. No stuttering at all, and it's great to have when on-the go.

Hmmm, maybe it's my connection. I will try again one day.

Most reactions

Latest posts