What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an iPad if you could never JB?

Would YOU Still have bought an iPad if there was NEVER a JB?

• No Way!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Of course!

Votes: 63 81.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Do you have an "other?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I consider my iPad as just a big iPod.. It does everything I want it to do so I have no need to jailbreak. I think if I wanted more functionality in a thin portable device, I'd get something like a MacBook Air.

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joangi said:
I JB'ed my iPod touch out of necessity and didn't like it. It didn't serve any purpose other then the springboard function which I needed because the home button stopped working. I've kept my iPhone and iPad unJB'ed and will likely remain that way.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

You must have spent quite a bit of money on apps if this is the case!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jail broke on Wednesday for the very first time. Heck yea I could live without it. Too unorganized anyway.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
my answer of "of course" might surprise some, but it's an awesome gadget with or without a JB, and I love my awesome gadgets!
Saying that, I bought my iPad2 about 12 hours before the JB was released, so am I a wee bit of a hypocrite? I only did that because I had my JB iPad1 to keep me amused! :D

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
my answer of "of course" might surprise some, but it's an awesome gadget with or without a JB, and I love my awesome gadgets!
Saying that, I bought my iPad2 about 12 hours before the JB was released, so am I a wee bit of a hypocrite? I only did that because I had my JB iPad1 to keep me amused! :D

And I'm sure you are more than amused with JB'roken IPad 2! Lol

Atif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just reading an article ~ and I was wondering if there was no JB ever ~ would you have still bought your iPad?

Or ~

In your opinion it is not worth having unless we JB?

I would have.

Yes, I just bought one couple of days ago with no intention of jail breaking it.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Atif said:
Yes, I just bought one couple of days ago with no intention of jail breaking it.

Ditto. Mine purchase was for work. If it wasn't going to help my job, I wouldn't have bought it.

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had no clue what jailbreaking was when I bought mine. After trying it out for a day when the jb for iPad 2 came out I found that I did not need or want it. So the answer is yes.

joangi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
m3fan said:

Not really. I've bought a few apps but majority of paid apps I got for free through giveaways or during price drops. I've got over 3000 apps and probably paid for 10.

Plus from what I'm hearing, there isn't much ipad 2 app support in Cydia anyway so why bother?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
m3fan said:

Not really. I've bought a few apps but majority of paid apps I got for free through giveaways or during price drops. I've got over 3000 apps and probably paid for 10.

Plus from what I'm hearing, there isn't much ipad 2 app support in Cydia anyway so why bother?

What are you talking about?

SeanDillon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never even thought about jb the iPad so I might now have to look into it...lol.

Last edited:

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SeanDillon said:
I never even thought about jb the iPad so I might now have to look inti it...lol.

It'll be a world of wonders! Enjoy ur iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts