What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an iPad if you could never JB?

Would YOU Still have bought an iPad if there was NEVER a JB?

• No Way!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Of course!

Votes: 63 81.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Do you have an "other?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just reading an article ~ and I was wondering if there was no JB ever ~ would you have still bought your iPad?

Or ~

In your opinion it is not worth having unless we JB?

I would have.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first reply was "of course!". Then I thought, wait a second, "Aren't you the one who's already told yourself that you won't upgrade to an iPad3 (from the iPad1) if there's no jailbreak?"

Putting aside the fact that yes, I do hold these types of conversations with myself, I had to admit that yes, I was right! :D

So, it's a "Maybe" for me. 'Cause you never know...

Marilyn

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without a doubt. When I made the purchase of the my shiny, slick, handheld Porsche-in-a-box, jailbreaking was not one of the thoughts going through my mind.

Reaction score
When I got mine jail break never entered the thoughts or equation
I've never bought a device with the "what it will do after a hack". If it won't do what I need out of the box I buy something that will. That's why I have an Android phone and not an iphone. That's why when the Galaxy I have came out I got it instead of another ipad.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Airmark1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. I love the iPad and actually keep it un-jailbroken. Now if you were talking about the iPhone, I'd have a bigger issue. I love the jailbreak on the iPhone and would have a hard time going back to a "normal" iPhone.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't see a need for me to jailbreak, so it makes no difference to me if one exists or not.

YMMV

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just reading an article ~ and I was wondering if there was no JB ever ~ would you have still bought your iPad?

Or ~

In your opinion it is not worth having unless we JB?

I would have.

JB'reaking is the heart of all IPad and IPhone devices. The answer is no I would not purchase if JB does not exist period!

m3fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Scardy cat.:p
It definitely is a personal choice, ha ha lol! I wish I could say that but we all learn to JB in the end!

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No need to jailbreak. So yes I would have still bought my iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 4!

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could say that but we all learn to JB in the end!

We all cross over sooner or later....;)

I have been JB for a little while but today I have played with it for hours and I am done for awhile.

I have learned a lot today, though!

Last edited:

joangi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I JB'ed my iPod touch out of necessity and didn't like it. It didn't serve any purpose other then the springboard function which I needed because the home button stopped working. I've kept my iPhone and iPad unJB'ed and will likely remain that way.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

tomuk_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not bothering jail breaking my iPad 2, I don't see the point... I pay for the apps I want and the iPad does everything I need it to without the hassle of not being able to update the firmware from the app store just incase I there isn't a jailbreak for the latest firmware at the time.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts