What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an iPad if you could never JB?

Would YOU Still have bought an iPad if there was NEVER a JB?

• No Way!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Of course!

Votes: 63 81.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Do you have an "other?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trumpet444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Not even if it was 1/2 the price. Without jailbreak, apple still owns it...... I mean $500+ for a tablet computer and you are not even "allowed" a file browser? The only reason I bought the ipad 1 instead of the 2 was bc there was no jb available for the 2 at the time. Imagine you were to spend 800 bucks on a desktop computer and HP, Dell, Apple, etc. told you that you arent allowed administrative access on the computer you own. You would laugh at them & return it or wouldnt even think to buy it in the first place. It should not be their decision, YOU OWN the device, not them. And dont think that Im advocating Jb for pirating games/apps, bc Im not. Im advocating for the right to modify, inside and out, something you outright own.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like jailbreaking so much I bought a new iPad to get it back, but I'd still buy one in an instant. No other tablet comes close and it's essential in my everyday life.

AntonCartel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, & without question. The jailbreak is just icing on the cake.

Maverickguo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! I just bought my iPad 2 just 2 days before ios5 release and I update it at the first hour when it came out. No jailbreak and I was prepared to not do it if there isn't an option. However I need my iPhone to remain jail broken mainly for some apps which I find it indispensable.

dotcompals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone list the advantage of JB while using iPad 2 ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rhein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dotcompals said:
Can anyone list the advantage of JB while using iPad 2 ?

It opens you to options the iOS alone does not, things like boot logos, themes, and other tweaks like SB settings and access to the files stored on the unfit itself which is handy. The other obvious advantage is the ability to run cracked apps... But that is essentially NOT the core value in jailbreaking.

Rhein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if the iOS is as function-friendly as a JB version!

koderkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't found the need to jailbreak my iPad 2 or my first iPhone (3GS) or my current one (4). They already do what I need them to do, and having to delay iOS upgrading to wait for the latest jailbreak method would annoy me. Frankly, I don't see any real benefit. Pictures on the lock and home screens is enough of a "theme" for me, and I have the apps I need or want for now.

Chantili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have multiple devices, and have yet to jb one of them. Honestly, I wouldn't do it to my phone or iPad, but wouldn't mind trying it on an older version of one of my touches, just not the newer ones. I'm just concerned that something would go wrong and ruin my device...

Rhein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chantili said:
I have multiple devices, and have yet to jb one of them. Honestly, I wouldn't do it to my phone or iPad, but wouldn't mind trying it on an older version of one of my touches, just not the newer ones. I'm just concerned that something would go wrong and ruin my device...

The beauty of a PROPER JB is that it does nothing a restore couldn't fix, try it on an older device, you'll see hey ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts