What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB tethered or wait for JB 4.2 untethered

TmacD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently I have a JB 3.2 but I would like to upgrade to 4.2 but am afraid unthethered JB is too inconvenient / complex. It's not like I am a complete jock but would prefer simplicity.

Now like some of us I am impatient as well and was just wondering whether it would still be worth the effort and trouble to upgrade to 4.2, JB tethered or wait for the untethered JB for 4.2

Thanks.

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say go for it. I have the 4.2.1 tethered jb from redsn0w and love it. I have only rebooted a few times since doing the JB and that was early on when I installed a few larger apps from Cydia. Usually I only need to restart the springboard which doesn't require a reboot. Just keep the battery charged...

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason why you cannot do both. Go with the tethered jailbreak now and upgrade to an untethered version when it comes out. If there is a compelling reason for you to upgrade to version 4.x and you want to be jail broken, there is no reason not to go for it.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ivv rebooted twice so i say go for it do all your installing that will need a reboot when your at home or around a comp. and you will be just fine there isnt much that needs a full reboot

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JB - tethered isn't bad - unless your travel for extended periods of time without at computer.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

TmacD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First if all thanks for the support.....:)
So basically I backup now, upgrade, JB and do a restore which if I am correct should give me all the apps I have currently got?

JohnBoyWonder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't have a problem with a tehtered jailbreak, my iPhone and iPad are almost always one. And if i have to reboot i just use my mac, it only takes a minute.

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait for some more time for greenpois0 n,if not getting released,will think of tethered redsnow jb:)

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have my ipad jailbroken with the cydia and installous app store files. Is this the redsnow tethered app or is cydia its own jailbreak? I let the batt die and now need to reboot via the comp but don't know how to do it. I have the necessary files on a usb stick but need some info on the process needed. Any info please? Desperate as I need the ipad for college note taking classes tomorrow.

Thanks,
Rokr

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot it just like you jail broke it. Except click the box that says reboot tethered when it appears.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't do the initial jailbreak. What file do I open to then reboot with?

Thanks,
Rokr

Most reactions

Latest posts