jailbreak ipad 2 opinons

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by moooboy, Dec 5, 2011.

1. moooboy

moooboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just got an Ipad 2 32gb wifi from Bestbuy on version 4.3.5. Im on the fence about JB or upgrading to 5.0.1 for the new features. Im not new to JB. I just sold my iphone 4 JB and unlocked and bought an iphone 4s on 5.0(waiting for the JB) and plan on using the iphone 4s JB to use the Ipad on the wifi hotspot like i used to do with my iphone 4. The ipad downgrade to 4.3.3 and them JB is the way i would have to JB, correct?
    Any opinions?
    thanks

2. moooboy

moooboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    can i also JB the ipad by downgrading to 4.3.3 and then with some shsh to preserve the BB get to 5.0.1 for all the features? How?
    thanks

3. MistaKuraudo

MistaKuraudo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm pretty new so I dunno if I can give you the information you need, but I was in the same spot you were. New iPhone 4S, new iPad 2. From what I've learned so far, you can't downgrade your iPad without the use of blobs, and since you have a new iPad, I don't think you've done that. The ideal situation when I had the chance was to upgrade to 5.0 and wait for the JB along with my iPhone 4S, but I also thought I could downgrade, so I missed the opportunity. So what I did when I realized this was update my iPad to 5.0.1 and I'm just going to wait it out on this firmware.

Hope this helped some.

@mooboy SHSH blobs are unique to each device. You can't simply obtain them after Apple has stopped signing them.

4. shani12

shani12
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't jailbreak ur ipad 2-- iOS 5 has tons of new features specially design for iPad 2!!!!!

5. moooboy

moooboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    you can downgrade 4.3.5 here with limrra1n

6. shani12

shani12
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't use limera1n------ redsn0w ftw!!!!!

7. MistaKuraudo

MistaKuraudo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't believe that works with the iPad 2.

8. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forum moooboy. Our sticky posts in this section should answer all your questions, so please review them, but for the avoidance of doubt you cannot jailbreak or downgrade your iPad2 as things stand today, and there are no great options other than upgrading to 5.0.1 and waiting to see what transpires. You cannot install 4.3.3 or 5.0. Sorry.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/53082-ios5-jailbreak-strategy-guide.html

Good luck.

9. moooboy

moooboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok so ill upgrade to 5.0.1 and see what happens. I really just need my 4S JB to tether but the ipad would have been nice
    thanks eveyone

#9 moooboy, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  10. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    moooboy, if you happen to be grandfathered with AT&T unlimited data be careful when you are finally able to jailbreake your iPhone 4S and able to tether. Reason I say this is AT&T been cracking down on folks tethering, they give them a warning and if you are caught again they change your plan to add tethering, when this change is made you lose unlimited data and the system won't let them change it back.