What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an iPad if you could never JB?

Would YOU Still have bought an iPad if there was NEVER a JB?

• No Way!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Of course!

Votes: 63 81.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Do you have an "other?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The answer is only 10% jailbreak. World wide.

I think this is an order of magnitude off... We have considerably more than 1,000,000 users registered now and less than 1/2 of 1% are running jail broken devices. We check and log UDIDs, even on apps that do not lock out syndicated content.

Though we do not have any games, so are missing that entire market, we are in every other segment with more than 60 apps

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup. I've had mine since early april and iPhones since 2008. Ive never jailbroken any of them.

Chantili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rhein said:
The beauty of a PROPER JB is that it does nothing a restore couldn't fix, try it on an older device, you'll see hey ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I don't think I'd know where to even begin lol.. Ive seen videos of people doing it, but I've also read that there are several different places to get the "software" if that's what you call it.. Ant all I'd be willing to do it on is a 2nd gen itouch, which I've read wont work...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chantili said:
I have multiple devices, and have yet to jb one of them. Honestly, I wouldn't do it to my phone or iPad, but wouldn't mind trying it on an older version of one of my touches, just not the newer ones. I'm just concerned that something would go wrong and ruin my device...

Uhhhh huuuuhhhhh. Me too and void your warranty. 1K down the drain. What is the benefit of jail breaking besides having freed om to do what you want with your iPad or iPhone. Would I be able to use them like computers? I've been trying to solve the mystery of being able to upload documents onto websites since I got my iPad 2.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
How do you void your warranty? You restore before going into Apple with your ipad, for whatever reason, and they never know you ever JB.

:)

Well I don't want to chance it!!! ;)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I understand!

:)

The apple store knew that my friends iPod had water damage when she didn't even drop in the water. I guess some moisture from the beach. They said they had some sort of sensor and almost didn't replace the device and did it as a one time courtesy. So YES I am afraid to jailbreak, do it wrong, and break my iPad lmao!!!

kingrex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive read somewhere that ios 5 has already been jailbroken for the iPad 2 and it would be released very soon. anyway jailbreaking your device would unleash your device true potential. Jailbroken Device = Beast!

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, on ios 4.3.3 my ipad 2 was jailbroken.
many features i used from cydia are now included in ios 5 - so at this point in time i miss only sbsettings and some switches like closing all open apps at once.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i always prefer to keep my gadgets as it is...if i wanted something more i would have chosen something else. may be when my i pad 2 is 3-4 years old ill try jail break...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
If I wanted a device that does things an iPad or iPhone can't do, I would gave spent my money on something else.

AA

Very true !!

iDrifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never occurred to me to JB when I bought my beloved iPad. Have no plans to do so. Quite happy with it as it is.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions