What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo redesigns its iOS Mail app, brings 1TB of free storage

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Yahoo-mail-iPad-inbox-big.png

This week, Yahoo! Mail has turned 16, and to celebrate the anniversary, the company has given a serious revamp to its Yahoo! Mail app for iOS. Besides being perfectly optimized for iOS 7, it also brings some serious new features that users will appreciate. The most exciting update is the fact that you now have an impressive 1TB of storage space for your email needs. That’s much, much more than Apple's 5 GB of free iCloud space.

Even Google can’t be a match here, with “only†15GB of free space that are limited to Gmail, Google Drive and Google+. Besides giving 1TB of storage for Yahoo! Mail users, the company decided to grant the same service to Flickr users that now have 1TB of free space to fill with photos.

Yahoo! Mail users will now be able to view related messages in a single grouped view in conversational threads, a similar feature with how iOS 7's Mail app works. Themes, another new feature, lets users personalize the look of their Mail app, offering a variety of background images. The updated Yahoo! Mail app now gives all users enhanced mail forwarding and filtering features.

Besides the iOS app, Yahoo also revamped its Android and desktop apps. Since Marissa Mayer took over as CEO, it seems that almost all the changes Yahoo! has done have a “cool†factor. If you use the iOS Yahoo! Mail app, can you tell us by leaving your comment below what do you think of the updates?

Source: Wired

SallyBates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo difficulties

Over the last week I have lost ability to receive emails in my yahoo account on my iPad. Very frosting. No help from Yahoo.

Most reactions

Latest posts