What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hear in your environment right now?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear rain too!

Today I was suppose to golf in a charity event, but the rain and thunderstorms were too great. It's now rescheduled for September 22. :(

I did get a yummy lunch out of it though!! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rain, once more. This is a rainy summer. o_O
And - of course - thunder, getting louder. :confused:

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rain we so badly needed to avoid a drought and it will help the fish as well! The water had gone down so far in the normally running streams and rivers, where people can get into an inner tube and just let the current lazily goes on for miles. This year people had to portage their inner tubes over dry gravel on the creek bed bottom, the fish got stuck in shallow pools which were far too hot for them to tolerate. Lots of help from volunteers who would grab the fish, put them into garbage bags and take them as far upstream so they wouldn't die!
I love the sound of rain when you can just feel the vegetation calling out ," Water please "!:p:D

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The TV with the latest news about the US journalist, neighbours talking outside, my son walking to his room, my phone "telling" me that I received a text.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPhone notification telling me that my "virtual pet" named Green needed feeding!

He is now happy!
image.jpg

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey,
Skimonkey I didn't know you could have a virtual pet! Awesome, no food bills, no vet bills, no problems! Very COOL!!!:cool:
Is there an app where you can have a virtual boyfriend!? That might be fun TOO!:p:D :) :rolleyes:.
Thanks for sharing!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey,
Skimonkey I didn't know you could have a virtual pet! Awesome, no food bills, no vet bills, no problems! Very COOL!!!:cool:
Is there an app where you can have a virtual boyfriend!? That might be fun TOO!:p:D :) :rolleyes:.
Thanks for sharing!

LOL....I'm suuuurrre there's an APP for that, eh? There's an app for everything else!

Green is my virtual pet from the App called Hatch. He will be a year old this November! :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you truly become attached to him? Like I am to my dog,Jessie ?!
I love Charlie just as much!
Hey, ski, if you ever come across a virtual boyfriend app let me know....
image.jpg
PLEASE? This is the first entity I want to see when I die! FREDDY!! My true soul mate!image.jpgCharlie! Turned away at last moment,image.jpgJESSIE, my protector, walking mate, and ALWAYS HUNGRY!!!:oops:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No....I don't think that Green will ever replace a real pet like your Jessie or Charlie! Green is more of a distraction during short breaks from work or waiting for something...doctors appointment, grocery line, anything!! :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Much healthier than smoking! I always want to smoke when things went too slow for me! :p Please, if you ever come across a virtual boyfriend, let me know!:D Just think we could program what they would talk to us about! No arguments, no silence, all kinds of good stuff could go on there. Thanks, ski, you've made a very difficult day turn into a quite interesting concept! I truly appreciate your support as well!:) Keep on the look out! :D Diane.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My children and their friends in my backyard, preparing for the ice bucket challenge for one of the friends.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Johanna, that's brilliant! Great enthusiasm! I cab hear my cat, Pookie purring like a motorboat, my dog,Charlie snoring, uhoh,
Gord just woke up, and turned his light on! He's ALWAYS cranky when he wakes up. YAY!!! He turned his light off again! He probably heard Pookie! My favorite cat, is under the bed right now, she's scratching the crap out of the bottom of my mattress. Wow, Charlie is growling a low growl, now low woofs, he heard something in the chicken yard! He's a great dog for keeping the chickens safe!:) Have you heard any screams out back yet? Johanna?:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts