What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hear in your environment right now?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Johanna, that's brilliant! Great enthusiasm! I cab hear my cat, Pookie purring like a motorboat, my dog,Charlie snoring, uhoh,
Gord just woke up, and turned his light on! He's ALWAYS cranky when he wakes up. YAY!!! He turned his light off again! He probably heard Pookie! My favorite cat, is under the bed right now, she's scratching the crap out of the bottom of my mattress. Wow, Charlie is growling a low growl, now low woofs, he heard something in the chicken yard! He's a great dog for keeping the chickens safe!:) Have you heard any screams out back yet? Johanna?:eek:
It was loud when they poured the cold water over him, but he didn't really scream. The young man that had accepted the challenge underestimated the cold water and the amount of ice cubes. :cool:
But I can hear him laughing and talking again. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw the video. They were pouring the icy water over him from three sides. o_O

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is so wonderful what that baseball player did for this disease! ALS or more commonly called "Lou Gerick's "(sp?) disease, he was an amazing man as well! There was a movie made about him, Gary Cooper played the lead. I don't remember what it's called , it's old and in black & white!
Oh, brother, now the rooster's crowing because Gord opened the front door for Charlie to go chase what ever he was growling at! Everyone's awake now! Gracie is clawing the carpet!:p She likes her sleep!:D
Oh, I just wanted to say, Martha Stewart took the challenge, no water, just ice cubes, she didn't even get her hair wet!:oops:

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a bit, it would have been way worse with water in the bucket.
Will they post it on YouTube? I HOPE SO! It is such a boon to this cause! It started in April I think and last year they had something like 3,300 $ and THIS April they had over $3 mil! I love that!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will they post it on YouTube? I HOPE SO! It is such a boon to this cause! It started in April I think and last year they had something like 3,300 $ and THIS April they had over $3 mil! I love that!
It's on Facebook. I saw it on Judith's smartphone.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you'd need the page of the one who accepted the challenge.

Judith loaded it to her phone. I can send an email with the video to you, if you want to see it. You'll hear a little bit of our dialect there.

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I LOVED THAT !!! The dialect, the way they tricked him by switching buckets! The laughter and his whoa's as he is running around shaking it off! :D It was wonderful! I'm still smiling! Everytime I feel sad I will watch it and crack up all over again!
The rooster is STILL crowing! My neighbor is having panic attacks from the rooster. But I raised him from a baby, I can't give him away! I LOVE my neighbor, we are very close friends, what would you do? o_O She's a teacher, has a young son, I am torn by her agony. She has been gone basically all summer! It's probably the rooster she's escaping!
One day I will take a video of him and you will hear how loud he is! I wake up before him, but I'm the only one!:)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ticking of the clock in my kitchen. The windows are closed, so there's nothing else I can hear at the moment.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
THE LOONS JUST FLEW OVER THE HOUSE TO THE LAKE,:):):):):) Happy happy joy joy!:p

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Music, people talking and laughing.

There's a wedding taking place today, the bride is living in my street. The bridesgroom has arrived with the musicians and his guests, and while all are waiting for the bride to get ready so that they can walk to our church (more than 1 km away, that will be quite a walk), the musicians are playing polkas, and guests (and bystanders) are standing on the sidewalk, talking.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The muffled sound of traffic passing by in front of my house and the keyboard clicks as I type this post on my iPad.

Most reactions