What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to iPadForums.net - Your Apple iPad Forum & Community

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDoug said:
The site initially started out as an iPad 1 forum so most of the information here is about that. However, we do have a specific section now just for the iPad 2 :)

iPad 2 Forum - Apple iPad Forum

That's what I mean there is a clear iPad 2 forum page so can we have an iPad 1 forum page ?

It would be tough to divide up at this point, but might be possible in the future as new models come out.

Reaction score
Thanks. I am about to purchase my first iPad. I have been looking through the web for the best price 3G enabled with a data plan. Groupon suposidly had a good deal running for 3 days (which runs out tomorrow) for an iPad 1 32Gb for £49 up front and £27 a month for 24 months which gives you 1Gb data allowance a month.

I thought this looked like a pretty good deal.......however, if you break down the numbers this deal is actually pretty bad with a full contract cost of £697!

I looked through Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-mobile and Three and found Three to have the best deal. However there is recently launched company called Incahoot (incahoot.com) who are a group buying site selling the iPad from Three Mobile with cash back. Their iPad 32Gb is £149 up front, £20 per month, a whopping 15Gb data allowance per month AND £20 cash back. This means the full contract cost is £609!!!!! Thats almost £100 cheaper than groupon's ''amazing'' deal.

Check Incahoot out and let me know what you think. They are quite a new company so I would like some reassurance before I purchase from them.

Thanks everyone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad is amazing device. I want to purchase it about how much amount I have to invest in order to purchase it?

It depends which model you want

IPad2 - WiFi only or WiFi + 3G - new
iPad1 - WiFi only or WiFi + 3G - new

iPad1 - WiFi only or WiFi + 3G - refurbished

Then, for each of the above models, storage 16, 32 or 64 GB flash memory.

In the UK, too, some mobile service providers are offering the iPad on a monthly contract with a smaller up-front payment but a minimum 2-year contract.

Again, in the UK, the iPad1 was reduced in price recently in anticipation of the arrival of the iPad2 next week.

If you let me know the specific model you have in mind I can post the price, although I don’t think the price of the iPad2 has ‘officially’ been announced yet in the UK, although it’s widely expected to be the same as the original iPad1 price, before the recent reduction.

Tim
Scotland

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDoug said:
It would be tough to divide up at this point, but might be possible in the future as new models come out.

Ok, fair enough boss. Thanks

Just a bit of input I have been moderating here for a year now and the forum layout has I believe the options most users want.
I guess what you need to understand the ipad 2 is similar to ipad one in respect to iOS. In saying that apps will be written to support the graphics etc for ipad 2 as. Doug said we have a ipad2 forum and that should accommodate most of the new stuff

What I suggest is to subscribe to the ipad2 forum that way you get the current info

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what's the different ipad and apad, epad...? So many *pad in the market?
There is only one iPad (small "i", capital "P") and that name belongs to the Apple Corporation. Anything else with the word "pad" in it is made by someone else.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDoug said:

Ok, fair enough boss. Thanks

Just a bit of input I have been moderating here for a year now and the forum layout has I believe the options most users want.
I guess what you need to understand the ipad 2 is similar to ipad one in respect to iOS. In saying that apps will be written to support the graphics etc for ipad 2 as. Doug said we have a ipad2 forum and that should accommodate most of the new stuff

What I suggest is to subscribe to the ipad2 forum that way you get the current info
I think the general consensus is that the next major change will not come until the iPad3 is released and that will be a year from now. I don't think the owners ever imagined this forum would grow the way it has and we are admittedly going through some "growing pains" and we appreciate our members' input in making this an even better forum. Without you folks, we wouldn't be where we are today. Thank you!

ipadfanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
good price

Thanks. I am about to purchase my first iPad. I have been looking through the web for the best price 3G enabled with a data plan. Groupon suposidly had a good deal running for 3 days (which runs out tomorrow) for an iPad 1 32Gb for £49 up front and £27 a month for 24 months which gives you 1Gb data allowance a month.

I thought this looked like a pretty good deal.......however, if you break down the numbers this deal is actually pretty bad with a full contract cost of £697!

I looked through Vodafone, O2, Orange, T-mobile and Three and found Three to have the best deal. However there is recently launched company called Incahoot (incahoot.com) who are a group buying site selling the iPad from Three Mobile with cash back. Their iPad 32Gb is £149 up front, £20 per month, a whopping 15Gb data allowance per month AND £20 cash back. This means the full contract cost is £609!!!!! Thats almost £100 cheaper than groupon's ''amazing'' deal.

Check Incahoot out and let me know what you think. They are quite a new company so I would like some reassurance before I purchase from them.

Thanks everyone
so we save about £87!! good price! it will be better if more less.....:D

Most reactions