What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wait or keep Ipad

griswolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Apple products, having many and still owning 2 android based OS devices. I recevied an Ipad for Christmas, but was pondering returning and waiting for the Ipad 2. My only real reason for holding out was because of the possible dual processor that will be in the new Ipad (rumor..still). The rest is not that big of a concern to me...but the two processors could be big? Will this mean that new games will be coded and created for the new Ipad and not the original? i dont want to have a 3 month old product to only find i can not run the newest games...

thanks for your help. I have been reading some posts, and this looks like a nice board! :)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Games will not be affected really, with dual core processor it will just improve multi tasking.

iPad will be about the same speed rendering websites etc so I would just use it and enjoy it and see what iPad 3 brings

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh after a couple of weeks you will be hooked.

Sure the next version will be better but the improvements are more a refinement of the existing model than a radical change.
Cameras will be nice but not game changing.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Games will not be affected really, with dual core processor it will just improve multi tasking.

iPad will be about the same speed rendering websites etc so I would just use it and enjoy it and see what iPad 3 brings

Actually with how multi-tasking is performed it would have no bearing.

A dual-core proc won't happen until the device has Mac OSX on it. There is absolutely no need on an iOS device. It is very specifically spec'd for battery life and has a very light OS footprint to improve performance.

I wouldn't expect any major changes in a 2G iPad. It will possibly have a camera (tho based on the Touch generation history it might not)...the 1G is way too new to make any major changes since the only people that will be willing to "upgrade" will be die hard early adapters...and the rest will be new users.

Next year however with the release of OSX Lion I would not be surprised if we see a MacPad released with a full OS installed.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mac os will hopefully be on iPad 3/4, doubt apple will introduce a macpad though because it would just eat into their MacBook sales, MacBook air would definitely become obsolete for example,

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac os will hopefully be on iPad 3/4, doubt apple will introduce a macpad though because it would just eat into their MacBook sales, MacBook air would definitely become obsolete for example,

But wouldn't that be the point? Why have a MBA when you can have a macpad and a BT keyboard. Makes perfect sense to me.

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep It

I thought the same thing about waiting or purchasing now, and I was even thinking of holding out for new droid tablets coming out, but glad I didn't. I love the Ipad. Only had it for a few days and it is truly an amazing device.

Rusty

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score

But wouldn't that be the point? Why have a MBA when you can have a macpad and a BT keyboard. Makes perfect sense to me.

Yeah exactly buy what if a macpad ate into sales of Macbook and MacBook pro?

Macpad would be interesting to see

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Simple answer: If you need and can use the iPad now, keep it. If you can wait, return what you received and buy the next one. It's guaranteed to be WAY better than the first gen... :)

Piko

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yeah exactly buy what if a macpad ate into sales of Macbook and MacBook pro?

Macpad would be interesting to see

A MacPad would hurt MacBook Pro sales the same as the Macbook and MBA do. If you need power you go pro...otherwise I think the MacPad (if it comes out soon) will be the other option.

Apple is smart, they will either EOL the macbook line and only have macpad and macbook pro, or they will eol all but the MBA.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More ram and maybe a better screen are the only reasons to get the new ipad, but either way can't you just sell it when the new one comes out, the price on them won't drop that much. I already get them for under 400 so maybe get one used now and sell it for the same price when the new one comes out, that's what I'm doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts