1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Speed of Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by darrenwis, Feb 22, 2011.

1. darrenwis

darrenwis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

For those who have read my other thread I am inbetween getting an Ipad, waiting for Ipad2 or waiting for the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.

The new wave of Ipads are all core duo processors. How is the speed on the orginal Ipad? I can't decide what to do.

Wait for android, wait for an apple announcement or go to the apple shop and buy one today?????
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    upshot is, do you want a camera? if no then go buy one today! the original ipad1 is still way ahead of it's competition.
  3. darrenwis

darrenwis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But will it be in 4 months?
  4. sjleworthy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    in the uk? probably. but in 4 months time we'll know where the ipad2 will be, which will have a camera.
  5. sjleworthy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    you've also come to a very Apple pro forums, which wont give you an impartial opinion on the competition ;)
  6. darrenwis

darrenwis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    True enough, i guess even when the new ipad comes out it will still hold its value quite well?

I see you can get one from orange for £99 and then £25 a month - this is an option but then the wifi model only is also appealing as it will probably be used around the house more.
  7. sjleworthy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    my mate has a wi-fi only model he bought for family/home use this last Christmas and loves every moment with it. the only reasons i'm not yet buying one are -

1) i need a camera option for work purposes for skyping

and

2) even though i'm a general Windows person, i just love Apple's mobile devices, iOS, hardware etc etc, so for me it'll certainly be an ipad over the competition.

i'll be needing 3G as well, but thats great because i can easily get a £10 per month (no ties) deal on that with any provider.

as mentioned, we've probably got another good few months before we see an ipad2 in Cardiff here, which means we're stuck with an ipad1 in the meantime. If all you want it for is general home use then you cant go wrong, and even in months to come it'll still most probably be way ahead of it's competitors due to Apple's touch screen and iOS technology. True, the ipad doesn't yet have a camera and full Flash capabilities, but is that so important to you? it isn't for a lot of peeps and together with the indefinite wait of an ipad2 announcement, can you wait? i can :)
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  8. DaveSt

DaveSt iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No way. I'm not sure where you heard this but that would be a complete shocker to everyone. The current iPads don't run Core processors as it is and I don't see that happening ever. Maybe a dual core ARM will be coming.