What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interested in iPad 3's new features, but very interested in what comes to the iPad 2

jsegovia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, everybody. I'm a recent but proud iPad 2 owner who's very interested in what's going to be announced tomorrow (er, later today) for the iPad 3, but I'm most interested in what if anything will be new for the iPad 2. If there's a new operating system update for the iPad 3 I hope it brings some new features for the iPad 2, the way iOS 5 brought iCloud and iMessage to the older iPhone 4. I've read Siri is only available on the iPhone 4S and not the iPhone 4 because that requires a dual-core A5 processor. Well, the iPad 2 has a dual-core A5, right? If Siri really is coming to the iPad 3 that would be great if it's available for the iPad 2 as well!

I think for now I'm sticking with the iPad 2 since I've got it mostly for development and so far there's nothing rumored that would impact my development, so an updated iPad 2 is much better than nothing, right?

Jesse

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also looking to see what will be brought to the iPad 2 or to ios 5.1. I am going to get the 3 but keep my iPad 2 just in case for a while so I will be looking to update it. As to your question of an iPad 2 better than nothing, absolutaly. There are still no real competitors to the iPad 2. Yes, there are tablets out there with better specs but fail miserably when it comes to general use, so I would say the iPad 2 will be relevant for quite some time still.

Most reactions

Latest posts