What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people keep upgrading iPads?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad 1 is the $30/month AT&T grandfathered unlimited and upgraded to the Ipad 4 32gig LTE and still $30/mo unlimited.

I can afford to buy it with no problems.
I can also sell my Ipad for quite a bit on the brazilian black market if I upgrade again. See no need this year though. Don't know anyone who upgrades every time unless they can sell it for a good price I guess.

I can resell my iPads in China for good prices, too. I don't bother, though. Between my husband and me, we've given away three of our older iPads and still have a couple newer ones. We get to enjoy later models, and we spread the fun to others with the older models.

I've enjoyed AT&T unlimited since day one of iPad 1's 3G model and am still loving it. I plan to keep it till they cut me off, lol.

For me, owning lots of devices is a treat. I don't see need to justify my uses or enjoyment to anyone else unless they care to pay all my expenses, lol.

I find that when other people try to mind other people's spending, it's usually a case of sour grapes, or of them not having enough money of their own to mind, lol.

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

No one NEEDS an iPad of any vintage, they're all just toys that bring a little joy into our lives. If the folks who can afford it didn't buy the latest phones and tablets, they'd just spend the money on something even less useful...which is what money is for, after all, once life's essentials are covered.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

I like LannyC's synopsis........It brings joy to my life.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Big boys need new toys.

My excuse was that if I upgrade, the wife can get the iPad2.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts