VGA Adapter/Larger Screens

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by DP55412, Mar 28, 2010.

1. DP55412

DP55412 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you use the video out capabilities with the VGA adapter and hook it up to a larger desktop monitor, does it always show what's on the screen? Or only works watching movies or presenting Keynote?

My thought is: if you used the iPad and a larger screen for better 'real estate' you could use this at your desk as an controller (keyboard/mouse/touchscreen). For instance, if you wanted to build something in Pages/Keynote, but wanted a large view as you built it (using a larger, external monitor).

Thoughts??

2. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Pretty sure that's what they used to do the demo keynote...so anything on screen will be on the projector/monitor/big screen. I think only the Component/Composite cables are restricted to only show video.

3. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'm not sure about this but I wonder if a Netgear Push2TV Wireless TV Adapter (PTV1000-100NAS) would work on an iPad. It basically takes a display off a laptop and broadcasts as a wifi signal to a device hooked on a TV .

4. Sciguy1966

Sciguy1966 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    VGA disappointment!

I connected my iPad to my LG LCD tv and a projector at work... No netflix showing. I also could not see the iPad screen... Only can see YouTube video content and the iPad screen stops while content is visible. Can see photos and the presentation program. I am sad. I wanted to present this device to my staff. I do not want to have to do it on a document camera.

5. 4phun

4phun iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0

You have the wrong adapter. You need an iPad component adapter with RGB out to display anything with DRM.

6. The Gadget Pastor

The Gadget Pastor iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It only pushes to the output what the app tells it to push. If the app does not have that feature it won't work. I only tested Keynote and the Photos app so I cannot say about Netflix or others yet. I will check and report back.

7. Sciguy1966

Sciguy1966 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Right on brother.

Apple has a list of apps that display and netflix is not on it. :(. I will have to use my laptop for that. It is not the plug. Iwnted to be able to show the cool functionality. The same problem I have with my Apple Emate. ;)