1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Update Alerts on Settings icon

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jupiter7, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Up until the last two updates to the operating system I have had a little alert on the Settings icon. Does anyone know why this doesn't happen now?. I wouldn't have known about the latest one without a friend asking about it. There doesn't appear to be anything to switch off and on in Notifications.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,926 / 1
    Are you jailbroken? There is a tweak for jailbroken iPads that will hide the update alert on the settings icon. Could you have activated something like this without realizing it?
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0
    If you're not jailbroken, I think it's just a matter of timing (determined by Apple). I think it's just a matter of when its your iDevice's turn to receive the update notice.

I only say this because I, too, thought I wasn't going to get an update - but then it just showed up.

Marilyn
  4. cruiser111

cruiser111 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    So, ummm, Marilyn, you also have the iPad mini! How do you like it? Does you have the Kindle Fire HD too?!
  5. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Mickey 330. The alert just appeared this morning. May be Apple do them in stages so we don't all update at once. Thanks to everyone who replied.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0
    Yeah, my iPad (and iPhone) just got the alert for 6.0.1 this morning ... so it does take a while. Evidently Apple has their own "push" schedule.

Oh, and I love the little Mini! Having a wonderful time with it. Apple shoulda come out with one sooner... :)

Marilyn