What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update Alerts on Settings icon

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Up until the last two updates to the operating system I have had a little alert on the Settings icon. Does anyone know why this doesn't happen now?. I wouldn't have known about the latest one without a friend asking about it. There doesn't appear to be anything to switch off and on in Notifications.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jupiter7 said:
Up until the last two updates to the operating system I have had a little alert on the Settings icon. Does anyone know why this doesn't happen now?. I wouldn't have known about the latest one without a friend asking about it. There doesn't appear to be anything to switch off and on in Notifications.

Are you jailbroken? There is a tweak for jailbroken iPads that will hide the update alert on the settings icon. Could you have activated something like this without realizing it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're not jailbroken, I think it's just a matter of timing (determined by Apple). I think it's just a matter of when its your iDevice's turn to receive the update notice.

I only say this because I, too, thought I wasn't going to get an update - but then it just showed up.

Marilyn

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, ummm, Marilyn, you also have the iPad mini! How do you like it? Does you have the Kindle Fire HD too?!

OP
Jupiter7

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Mickey 330. The alert just appeared this morning. May be Apple do them in stages so we don't all update at once. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, my iPad (and iPhone) just got the alert for 6.0.1 this morning ... so it does take a while. Evidently Apple has their own "push" schedule.

Oh, and I love the little Mini! Having a wonderful time with it. Apple shoulda come out with one sooner... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts