What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quick ipad2 wifi tip

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
iPad2 wifi tip

I turn my wifi off at home every night, and when i switch it back on in the morning i cant be guaranteed my ipad will always pick it up first time. most times, but not all times.
Also, if my ipod is left un-touched for an hour or two, i find that too is enough to kick it off my system. dont know why, kinda like an idle mode, but it happens. It doesn't annoy me at all, just a minor pain in the ass.
Same as when i got over a friends house or my parents house where i've previously used their network - sometimes the ipad doesn't immediately play ball....so.....

....My tip to automatically log back in to any remembered network as quick as poss is to go into 'settings' mode, then switch 'airplane mode' on then off.
The device then quickly and automatically resets and gets back onto an even keel without having to manually search out your network again. very fast and works every time. :)

Last edited:

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's interesting; i haven't had that problem yet but i'll remember your suggestion. in fact, i'm not even sure what airplane mode is all about and why that should work to solve your problem. oh well; bottom line is that it works ;)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wifi is always on, never had a problem either with my iPad 1 or 2.... Did get a new router a while back though. I use airplane mode when charging from mains :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ian russell said:
Why's that? :confused:

When wifi is active, it still draws power during charging, since my wifi is always on, putting the iPad decreases charging time.... A little :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your router configuration

I leave wifi on my phones and ipad2 all the time and have never had it disconnect. Ditto my original iPad.

machtron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too I never had any problem with the same I leave with the wifi on all the time. Further I am experiencing much better connectivity with my Skype and yahoo.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i always switch my house wifi off at night. sometimes i dont get instant re-connection with my ipad when switched back on.

I turn mine off at night as well. I have never had a connection issue at any time. As soon as the green light on my router goes on I'm up and running on the iPad.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just curious, what is the point of "turning off the WiFi at night" ??

Most reactions