What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrier Settings Update -- stuck!

dlaird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For three days now, I have had a pop-up on my iPad2 saying "Carrier Settings Update" and two options: Not Now, and Update.

Pressing either button does nothing!!! Nothing happens, it doesn't go away, and I can't do anything else. I can't even turn it off because "slide to unlock" is disabled because of the (unresponsive) pop-up.

I brought it in to work to see if it would stop looking for whatever this carrier update is, but same thing.

Please help! It's completely useless until I can get this resolved.

GDarrenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have the 'Carrier Settings Update' window open and when i press on 'update now' or 'later' nothing happens. I try to hold the power button to turn my ipad off and can't even slide the 'power' to off, i have to try and close outta this 'Carrier Settings Update' thing first. Need help please. Stuck right now.

GDarrenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you or anyone have a solution yet? :( Is there any other way to reboot it some how?

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hold home and power til the ipad reboots

GDarrenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like that did the job. Never knew you can reboot it that way.

Most reactions