What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlock iPad by touching the screen

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there is any way to unlock the iPad just by touching the screen instead of pressing home button. For example, the screen goes from sleep to standby mode just by touching the screen, so I can slide unlock bar. Thank you for your time

Leo

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there is any way to unlock the iPad just by touching the screen instead of pressing home button. For example, the screen goes from sleep to standby mode just by touching the screen, so I can slide unlock bar. Thank you for your time

Leo
Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock the iPad by merely tapping the screen (on a non jail broken iPad).

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock the iPad by merely tapping the screen (on a non jail broken iPad).

Regards.

Thank you for your reply . That means I can do it once I jailbreak my iPad. Could u explain what I can do in case I hv jail broken iPad

Thank you mate
Leo

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo Elfarra said:
Thank you for your reply . That means I can do it once I jailbreak my iPad. Could u explain what I can do in case I hv jail broken iPad

Thank you mate
Leo

The problem is that when the iPad is asleep, the touchscreen is turned off and will accept no inputs. You have to turn the screen on by pressing the home button or the power button, before the touchscreen will accept any input.

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that when the iPad is asleep, the touchscreen is turned off and will accept no inputs. You have to turn the screen on by pressing the home button or the power button, before the touchscreen will accept any input.

Yes you are right. I could download app called Activator, but to be honest I could not understand how to deal with it. I dont know if you have any clue about it?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes you are right. I could download app called Activator, but to be honest I could not understand how to deal with it. I dont know if you have any clue about it?
After checking an online website, it looks like you can set up gestures in Activator to put the device to sleep, but not to wake it up.

Regards.

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
After checking an online website, it looks like you can set up gestures in Activator to put the device to sleep, but not to wake it up.

Regards.

Is there any bad consequences on the iPad if I turn Auto lock sitting to never ?

Regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo Elfarra said:
Is there any bad consequences on the iPad if I turn Auto lock sitting to never ?

Regards

None, except that you'll drain your battery in double quick time as the screen, which uses most of the battery power, will stay on all of the time.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify - even with a jail broken iPad, the only way to turn it on is to press the Home or the Sleep button. As was mentioned, the screen is not responsive to input when the iPad is asleep or off. Jail breaking does not solve this...

Marilyn

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Regards
Nope, exept for a draining battery if you leave it on and idle. I turned it to never on mine because I'm responsible enough to turn it off myself, and I don't like it filling asleep while downloading something.

Regards.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using my smart cover all I have to do is open the cover and the iPad is on (even if I used the button to put it to sleep). I don't lock mine so I don't have to enter a password, but the cover recovers it to a wake state.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
Using my smart cover all I have to do is open the cover and the iPad is on (even if I used the button to put it to sleep). I don't lock mine so I don't have to enter a password, but the cover recovers it to a wake state.

That's because the Smart Cover activates a magnetic switch behind the bezel of the screen that performs the same function as clicking the home button.

OP
Leo Elfarra

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could solve it by setting never auto lock and using ScreenDimmer app, it allows you to save a battery life by automatically dimming your iPad's screen after a predefined time.

Regards

Leo

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo Elfarra said:
I could solve it by setting never auto lock and using ScreenDimmer app, it allows you to save a battery life by automatically dimming your iPad's screen after a predefined time.

Regards

Leo

It would still take hours out of your battery life.

Most reactions

Latest posts