What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlock iPad by touching the screen

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leo Elfarra said:
Is it to going to cause any harm to the iPad if I keep doing this all the day and charge it once it is required?

No, you'll just get reduced battery life. Normally, the iPad while asleep can last for days on a single charge. Your standby time will be measured in hours, instead.

Edit: I was wrong, using the screendimmer tweak will suit your purposes, without draining the battery.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Using the "ScreenDimmer" tweak on a jailbroken device is an ideal solution to the OP's request. It does NOT excessively drain the battery. The screen can be configured to be fully off until such time as you touch the screen to wake it up. I use my iPad1 in a Moleskine case with this configuration exclusively, and have done for a couple of years now.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aha! Thanks for the reminder, f4780y! I'd forgotten about ScreenDimmer.

So, I take back my words above as there IS a tweak for that.

Marilyn

My excuse is that there are so MANY! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts