What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Can't Be Unlocked After Locking, Stays On The Black Screen!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JohnTerry said:
Well, there are not many Apple Bars in Europe... Already called the apple care, they told me to call the hardware section on Monday.

Thanks for the help :)

Whereabouts in Europe are you?

The Archangel

mennob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jailbreak

Have you done anything or downloaded an app for this to start happening? Did you jail break your device?

i have jailbroken it with redsnow. but no i have reset my ipad( cause the screen was black sometimes. now i slide it to configure it, but the screen turns black everytime. So i can,t do anything with it now. on the beginning i see the background and a slide ti configure. that,s the only thing i can see.

aaronp28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he is correct

Most of the time there is no unlock slider, when the sleep button in pressed, nothing happens, the screen remhains black.

he is correct but the newest ipad (ipad3) just has the power down slider
:ipad-peacock:

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the answer but are you sure you have not accidentally turned on zoom? (triple click home / sleepbutton).

I just turned mine on, let my iPad go to sleep and then clicked the home/sleep button and I could not see the slider because zoom was still on.

Try triple clicking home/sleep button, it may just be that.

Let me know :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

aaronp28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the answer but are you sure you have not accidentally turned on zoom? (triple click home / sleepbutton).

I just turned mine on, let my iPad go to sleep and then clicked the home/sleep button and I could not see the slider because zoom was still on.

Try triple clicking home/sleep button, it may just be that.i fixed it and no i didnt have the zoom on

Let me know :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

i fixed it and no i didnt have the zoom on

aaronp28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) power off the ipad
2) hold down the home button
3) then while still holding down the button plug in the usb cord into thhe computer and the ipad
4) itunes should recognize that it is now in recovery mode and ask u to restore it
4) click restore and u should be set to go unless it needs and update in which u update it and then do step 4

Most reactions

Latest posts