What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Universal dictionary io5

kraemder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance of dictionary apps being able to be universal too? Would be SO nice. I use my iPad for studying foreign languages and I can't tell you how awesome that would be.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get individual dictionary apps, of course, but it would be difficult to have a universal one. How many languages would you expect it to cover?

Tim

OP
K

kraemder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most dictionaries are two languages. IE german/English or Spanish/English etc. The universal part means it can be used in other apps. So I could easily look up words using my purchased dictionary while browsing the web or reading an ebook.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you're never going to be able to access that dictionary app from *within* another app, the iPad's operating system, iOS, simply won't allow it. You'd have to switch out of the first app, then into the dictionary app, then back again.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts