What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probleme download dictionary for kindle Ipad

hoavan216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had dictionaries for kindle on my IPad before. But after re-installing Kindle, I cannot download any dictionaries... the problem is always:" unable to use the dictionary" or "error open dictionary"!!!!!
could anybody help me, plz?!!!!
Thanks a lot...
Hoang Van

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There--I am going to move this the Help Section where you should get more attention.

Have you tried to quit the Kindle app to see if it quitting it would help? To quit--you do thisby pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

OP
hoavan216

hoavan216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick advice... But it still doesn't work!
Hope to receive your helps in the future,
Best regards,
Hoang Van

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you do a Backup of these dictionaries? If so, can you try to re-sync those books back to your ipad?

OP
hoavan216

hoavan216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for your help. I did not make any backup. The dictionaries were successfully downloaded in the kindle apps at the first time when I installed it. Do you have any more ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Hoang Van

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I had dictionaries for kindle on my IPad before. But after re-installing Kindle, I cannot download any dictionaries... the problem is always:" unable to use the dictionary" or "error open dictionary"!!!!!
could anybody help me, plz?!!!!
Thanks a lot...
Hoang Van

When do you get these error messages - when trying to use the dictionary or when trying to download them from Amazon's cloud? What happens when you highlight a word in your Kindle book? When I did it the first time, I got the option to download the dictionary from Amazon.

If that doesn't happen, maybe a talk with Amazon's customer service is in order, because something is wrong on their side.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts