What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photographs

mwalters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have registered my iPad on my sons apple mac. I have lots of photographs on my work pc. How can transfer them to my iPad whilst retaining sinc with the mac?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than moving the respective photos from your work pc to the mac and syncing that way there isn't a way it can be done to my knowledge, as syncing with your work pc would add the photos to the iPad while wiping everything on it from the mac. I'll be interested to hear if there is a way of doing this though although I wouldn't hold up much hope.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with those photos. If you want them to sync through iTunes on your son's Mac, then copying them to that Mac (by whatever means) is the only practical way. Trying to move the iPad back and forth between to computer is possible, but best reserved for those time you don't' have a choice. There are too many things to go wrong if you don't do it just right, and it's not a quick procedure.

If you just want them on your camera roll you can try several different apps. Most will require that you be able to join your work computer's network with the iPad. If you can do that, my favorite is PhotoSync (one word). PhotoSync has a mode where it becomes a webpage of sorts. You type the suppled URL into the computer browser and copy photos that way.

GoodReader can do the same thing, only the photos will be stored in GoodReader's file space. However, great as GoodReader is at many things, it's not much of a photo organizer/viewer.

You could use either of these two apps with the iPad to transport the pictures between the two computers.

Or you could use a cloud service like DropBox or Box.com to do the same thing via the internet; no iPad required.

There are other third party apps that will store and organize your photos separate from the Photo app. Most of them have photo transfer options similar to the ones mentioned. The more popular are Photo Manager Pro and Photo-Sort.

Most reactions

Latest posts