What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have lots of photos that I would like to transfer to my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .Thus if you work on the photo on your iPad it will not be on your computer so I would presume that if you do the above re synch you will lose the work product on the iPad.

If you edit an album photo in the Photos app the result gets copied to the camera roll. The original photo is not affected. Since the result in in the camera roll, it will not be affected by syncing with iTunes.

On the other hand if you edit a photo that is in the Camera Roll the old version is replaced, sort of. The editing is non-destructive; which means you can always open it in edit mode again and revert to the original.

Iceman541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you edit an album photo in the Photos app the result gets copied to the camera roll. The original photo is not affected. Since the result in in the camera roll, it will not be affected by syncing with iTunes.

On the other hand if you edit a photo that is in the Camera Roll the old version is replaced, sort of. The editing is non-destructive; which means you can always open it in edit mode again and revert to the original.

I have really appreciated your knowledgeable input regarding this issue. The next couple of days are going to be "office time" thanks to the tail end of Hurricane Sandy. I will probably either implement your suggestions or be lazy and do a reset. Plus possibly research the other options available to manage images in the manner I had envisioned when I acquired this hardware. The solution may be other hardware but I certainly hope not.

OP
M

MercyHallows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help, it's greatly appreciated!
:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have really appreciated your knowledgeable input regarding this issue. The next couple of days are going to be "office time" thanks to the tail end of Hurricane Sandy. I will probably either implement your suggestions or be lazy and do a reset. Plus possibly research the other options available to manage images in the manner I had envisioned when I acquired this hardware. The solution may be other hardware but I certainly hope not.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help, it's greatly appreciated!
:)

No problem. Good luck to both of you.

Remember there are a huge number of photo apps, many optimized for different professions. If the few mentioned solutions don't do what you want it's likely that more research will turn up one that you do.

Charlie Dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please be aware that images transferred from PC to iPad using iTunes will ALL be at a lower resolution than they were originally!

And....of course any subsequent transfers will be at this lower resolution

Iceman541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it would appear that this problems expands in other areas not anticipated,

Most reactions

Latest posts