What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs

johnwright

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have imported a number of photographs to my iPad from a camera & I have added the ones I want to a particular folder. How can I delete the downloads without deleting the copies in the folders ? When I try to delete, I am told that I will delete all copies of the photograph including the ones I want to keep in certain folders.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AFAIK, those photos are not really in folders...the albums are just a way to sort photos...so you don't really have copies.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The photos that are in your folders aren't really the actual photos. They are links back to the photos in the main section of the photo app. So, if you were to delete the main photo, you'd break the link. Thus, the warning.

Yeah, no one understands why Apple did photo management/albums this way - but they did. Silly, isn't it? :)

Marilyn

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The photos that are in your folders aren't really the actual photos. They are links back to the photos in the main section of the photo app. So, if you were to delete the main photo, you'd break the link. Thus, the warning.

Yeah, no one understands why Apple did photo management/albums this way - but they did. Silly, isn't it? :)

Marilyn
Yes, this really annoys me. I would like to think of it sort of like my email: the camera roll is my "inbox" where random/new items are, and the folders (albums) are organized and categorized. Instead, the photos in albums on the iPad are like aliases or shortcuts. :(

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All of which is why we continue to recommend that people who want more control of their photo albums invest in a third party app like Photo Manager Pro. There are others. Photo Manager Pro is simply the one most often recommended; though at least part of that is me, and I don't use it. :eek:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All of which is why we continue to recommend that people who want more control of their photo albums invest in a third party app like Photo Manager Pro....................:eek:

Just a confirmatory :thumbs: for Linkus and their products, i.e. Photo Manger Pro - I'm using their Photo Private Pro (v. 4.2.2) which I assume is similar - the app allows import from the native iPad photo app, folder organization, and password protection, if desired - once the imported images are 'sandboxed' into the app, the pics in the native app can be deleted. The photos in the Linkus app can be saved & exported via iTunes, plus there is a wireless option that I've not yet used. Just some more info for consideration - good luck & let us know your solution(s) - :)

Most reactions

Latest posts